Which one is a better deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Which one is a better deal?

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 10-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
joebugg
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Which one is a better deal?

I totaled my '99 TJ and I'm looking to get another with the insurance money. My last one was stock for the most part so I don't know a lot about some of these aftermarket parts. These are the 2 I'm looking at. By the info given, which seems it would be a better deal?

This one is at a dealership. They don't have any details of what all it has in it.
https://usaa.zagusedcars.com/car/Jee...FY19S1XP441242

This one is by a private seller. This one is missing a front drive shaft and has a few other things that need to be addressed. With the money I'm getting for the old one I will have some left over to fix the issues. And this one has a Dana 44 rear end.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4132794872.html

joebugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Personally I would only buy a completely stock vehicle. Of the two you list, I would go with the one at the dealership. I don't quite understand why the private owner is missing his front drive shaft. Or how the 4WD can be 'working perfectly' without a driveshaft. The problem with modified jeeps is you don't know (unless you are well versed in mods) how well the modifications were done, or how safely.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Adam013085

The one at the dealership appears sold however I agree. The missing front drive shaft but 4x4 works perfectly doesn't add up. Id stay away.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.