Ok, I'm ready to buy...now what? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Ok, I'm ready to buy...now what?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Etomczak

Ok, I'm ready to buy...now what?

Ok, so I've been doing some research and am tired of going in to dealerships and having to teach THEM what a Rubicon X is, how to remove the top, difference in stereo systems, etc.

I live in South Florida and am willing to drive 250 miles to get the right deal. Rubicons (let alone Xs) are far and few In this area. I pretty much have settled on a black Rubicon X with a few bell and whistle add ons and have been pre-approved for a 1.99% loan from my credit union. I have a 2006 Ford Expedition King Ranch with 81k that I will either trade, sell to Car Max, or try selling on my own (1st time).

Now what? Do I build it from jeep.com and start emailing all dealers in the lower 1/2 of Florida? If so, what is the best way to approach it? In other words, what should be my "demands"? I understand, of course, that there is more wiggle room when you are taking their inventory off of their lot. I have never tried buying a vehicle in the past through the internet--I just do not have the time to drag wife and kids to 5+ dealers on 5+ weekends and have to sit through the B.S. for something that is not the right color, model, etc. Moreover, is it better just going through a broker?

Jeep has been my dream-vehicle since a teen and I want to do this right. This forum has been extremely helpful and I look forward to and appreciate the responses!

Etomczak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
405bp
2004 WJ 

I'm looking at a new gc and can tell u that taking a vehicle off there lot isn't a bad thing for the dealer but ordering one isn't either. It's not all about making as much as possible on an individual vehicle sale. There are a lot of manufacture based incentives for the dealership as far as the amount of vehicles that are sold out of a particular location.
405bp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Check online inventory of every dealer within the 250 miles to see if there is one that meets your criteria. If not, from what I've read on here you rarely get much off of sticker on a new wrangler, so getting exactly what you want by ordering it sounds like a great idea on a big purchase such as this. I would start emailing dealers to see who has the best price.

Look into joining tread lightly for a discount. Lots of info about that on here. I recently bought a new vehicle(not a jeep), but found the best price thru truecar.com and it gave me the lowest dealers price out of several dealers in the area.
Unread 10-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Adam013085

Agreed, there is no reason for most dealers to give you much off the price because they know it will be sold sooner than later to someone else more than likely. It sounds like you are in a rush and don't have the time to look around. That is fine, but you may end up paying more $ by not being patient and searching around more. Good luck on your Jeep purchase!
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.