Not Sure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Not Sure

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
ramz003
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Not Sure

I'm looking at three Jeeps and not sure which to buy. Maybe you guys can help me out.

1. 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (white) 59k miles
2. 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport (gray) 55k miles
3. 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (blue, lots of extras) 31k miles little of oxidation underneath. think jeep was only used as beach jeep thus the 31k miles

I'm kinda of leaning towards the unlimited #1 ... could these be rare down the road??

Last edited by ramz003; 06-21-2012 at 08:58 AM..
ramz003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am not sure what you mean by rare, they made a lot of them, in the 10K+ range. If you are buying a jeep because you think it may be a collect in 50 years you maybe should look at something else that you could really enjoy the whole time you own it. Jeeps were made to be used, not to kept as a garage queen.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you want an unlimited, I'd look for an '04 to avoid the OPDA issue, unless of course you want a manual transmission, then your only choice is an '05 or an '06.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

But if the OP does not go off-roading. Then the OPDA will not be a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
ramz003
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies.
I went with the 05 Unlimited. It does manual tranny but little off roading.
ramz003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
But if the OP does not go off-roading. Then the OPDA will not be a issue.
Huh? The only way the OPDA will not be an issue is if you never run the engine. Read the big thread in the TJ forum.
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJP77

Huh? The only way the OPDA will not be an issue is if you never run the engine. Read the big thread in the TJ forum.
I dealt with it from the get go. I know the issue. The bigger problem is on a hill in a off camber situation.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
I dealt with it from the get go. I know the issue. The bigger problem is on a hill in a off camber situation.
Umm...ok. My OPDA had gear wear and scoring of the upper bushing/shaft at 9,000 miles and my Jeep had never been offroaded.

You do know I'm talking about the Oil Pump Drive Assembly (i.e. the cam sensor housing) right? I get the feeling your on a completely different page in a book written in a different decade than the one I'm reading.

I'm as well versed on the situation as anybody considering I'm the only guy here who has replaced his camshaft without removing the cylinder head and am having excellent luck with the results.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.