Newbie Needs Buying Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Newbie Needs Buying Advice

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
EarthToTommy

Newbie Needs Buying Advice

Hello all... very excited - finally going to buy the Jeep I've been dreaming about for years. Hoping either some Jeep dealers or recent purchasers can offer help on a few questions:

- are dealers negotiating much, or are people paying sticker (I'm in metro Phoenix)

- I would put around half down and finance the rest for 2-3 years - are you forced into MSRP if you use the 0% financing? I can get 1.5% thru USAA - not a big difference if it will help me negotiate

- I've heard about the Tread Lightly discount - can I do better than that, or should I just avoid the process and go that route?

- any suggestions as to how to not pay for a dealer "market adjustment" for $400 tinted windows when the Rubicon specs say it comes with them, and a $200 tire cover that advertises the dealership (when I plan on ordering a custom one)

- if I order a new Jeep exactly as I want it, do dealers negotiate on that or do you pay MSRP?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can offer. I can't wait to get past the purchasing process and get behind the wheel

EarthToTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
JACKAL0PE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

About the only way to fight dealer add-ons and markups is to use another dealer to do it. Find another one that is further away and less convenient, that will meet the price of the first without all the crap. Then ask the first to meet or beat that price...and be ready to go to the second if need be. Don't try to bluff.
JACKAL0PE is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.