newbie 98 tj purchase - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > newbie 98 tj purchase

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 02-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
MLH34

newbie 98 tj purchase

Hello, I am a newbie here, and to jeeps, previously wheeled fords..
I am buying a 98 tj. 4.0, manual, sport soft top 87k, half doors, new top a few yrs ago.

PO has this done
rubicon express 4.5 short arm, SYE, Tom woods cv DS, More bombproof motor mounts,more 1 BL teralow 231 kit, 4.56 gears, dana 44 in ,rear with detroit soft locker, dana 3o front with lock right and custom shafts, 4 new 35 mt mtz on new 15x8 steel wheels, custom roll cage, tied into frame, custom front/rear bumpers with shackles, rear tire carrier with modified rear jeep tub reinforcements(whole corner and floor was plated with 3/16 before any damage, magnum 9000lb winch with amsteel,
hi lift extreme(new) arb compressor, new brakes ball joints, fluids, shocks. Modded steering system with heim joints, skids for everything to include a warm fuel tank skid, custom tube fenders and rear corners with tube flares(smitybilt?) rocker guards with tube steps, yellow top optima, thumb throttle , tub has been textured, no carpet.
NO RUST , few small dents on pass side. extra recovery gear/ ujpoints, amsteel, shackles, etc
all Mods performed by a shop in TX. Jeep has been washed after every use, gargage kept all its life.

What should I pay? I am trying to get this reasonable but only have stock/ light modded tj to compare to.. Please help Thanks

MLH34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

7-9K. Have to see some pics to really say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH34 View Post
Hello, I am a newbie here, and to jeeps, previously wheeled fords..
I am buying a 98 tj. 4.0, manual, sport soft top 87k, half doors, new top a few yrs ago.

PO has this done
rubicon express 4.5 short arm, SYE, Tom woods cv DS, More bombproof motor mounts,more 1 BL teralow 231 kit, 4.56 gears, dana 44 in ,rear with detroit soft locker, dana 3o front with lock right and custom shafts, 4 new 35 mt mtz on new 15x8 steel wheels, custom roll cage, tied into frame, custom front/rear bumpers with shackles, rear tire carrier with modified rear jeep tub reinforcements(whole corner and floor was plated with 3/16 before any damage, magnum 9000lb winch with amsteel,
hi lift extreme(new) arb compressor, new brakes ball joints, fluids, shocks. Modded steering system with heim joints, skids for everything to include a warm fuel tank skid, custom tube fenders and rear corners with tube flares(smitybilt?) rocker guards with tube steps, yellow top optima, thumb throttle , tub has been textured, no carpet.
NO RUST , few small dents on pass side. extra recovery gear/ ujpoints, amsteel, shackles, etc
all Mods performed by a shop in TX. Jeep has been washed after every use, gargage kept all its life.

What should I pay? I am trying to get this reasonable but only have stock/ light modded tj to compare to.. Please help Thanks
If you get it... Do you wanna trade I have off road lights!!!
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
MLH34

I bought this jeep I paid 8500, which I hope is fair. I am not sure how to post pics but will eventually. I ave to get to the dmv in the next 2 weeks so I can drive to his garage and pick it up. Hope it was a decent buy. Thanks
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Heck yes that's fair.. as long as there was no rust.. PICS please!!!
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
MLH34

need a tutorial on how to post pics here...
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Upload them to a photo hosting service like photobucket, then link them with IMG tags around them.

Here's better instructions. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f29/h...pforum-574312/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
MLH34

Unread 03-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
MLH34

Unread 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
MLH34

These pictures are of the original sellers ad. The above jeep also included a new high lift extreme jack, extra synthetic winch line, various recovery tools, a warn gas tank skid to install. Upgrades I can easily identify are kilby steering box, teralow conversion, more body lift, more motor mounts, good fire extinguisher, upgraded pioneer and infinity speakers , a maxon cb, .. this is the cleanest jeep I have seen recently in NY or PA that was not just a show jeep. No rust that I can see other than some surface rust on axles. Overall I feel happy. Already bought and istalled a new 35 mtz in place of the bfg spare, ordered new maxxima hybrid rear lights, 3/4 turn signals, and will be putting a warn xd9000 that I had on another truck upfront to replace the magnum 9000 that is in place now.
Future ideas:
rustoloeum hammered black on all fenders, rockers, rollbar, bumpers, and window hinges( I want to keep the jeep painted and rust protected, think this will hold up)
rhino lining the tub and then coating rhino liner with matching hammered paint, currently tub has been cleaned and painted with a titanium grey auto paint over original body paint by PO)
some form of rear outboard kit for the shocks as the PO put rough country on all 4 corners and I would like something different ..
cheap seat upgrade( any recommendations?)

ditch the grenade shifter for something else..
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
MLH34

Unread 03-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dang, that thing is NICE! well maybe if I dump 4k into my TJ it will be this nice. Oh and btw get a poolball shift knob, I have one and it's really comfortable. Bilstein shocks all around too if you really want to replace the RC shocks.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.