Newbee looking to purchase 01 Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Newbee looking to purchase 01 Cherokee

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
RichN
2011 MK Patriot 

Newbee looking to purchase 01 Cherokee

Hey everybody,

I am looking at purchasing a 2001 Cherokee Sport 4X4 automatic trans with 98k miles. What is a fair price to pay for this vehicle? Its in good shape, no body damage or rust. Interior is clean, just wear on the driver floor mat. Mechanicals seem ok. What problems should I look for? How reliable is the transmission? Running gear? I've read here about the 00 and 01's having cracked heads. Should this problem have already happened if it was going to? Or is it a "happens when it happens" problem?

Thanks.

RichN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
RichN
2011 MK Patriot 

Thanks for the replies! You all have been real helpful!
RichN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
myriad360
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry Rich, the replies here are hit and miss. I am looking for the exact same thing as you, only for around $8000... I think that should be around 80k. Who knows, I'll keep you posted. You can use Kelly Blue book, but honestly, I got find what I want on ebay and add then all to my watch list. Then I see what they sell for at close. If you want a local sale, I would add maybe $1k-1.5k to that.

Hope that gives you some good ideas. And happy hunting, just don't buy my Jeep! The forums here, sometimes you will get nothing. Other times you get gold, so it is usually worth it, but you have to be willing to have a few empty posts.

Cheers,

Colbs
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 L, White. Bought in Vancouver, WA in 2003. 1st Jeep, White. Bought with 3" lift, added Pacesetter header and 40 series Flowmaster
myriad360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
XJRidinHigh
2000 WJ 

The main thing to keep in mind is where you live. I can get an 01 XJ here in NY for dirt cheap, around $5000. Dont just go buy the first thing you see either, give it a good check.

[B]'00 WJ[/B]-Tan
Cocked and Loaded ([B]DD[/B])
XJRidinHigh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
myriad360
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJRidinHigh View Post
The main thing to keep in mind is where you live. I can get an 01 XJ here in NY for dirt cheap, around $5000. Dont just go buy the first thing you see either, give it a good check.
Its too bad a guy from out of town couldn't find a way to spot one in the city that looked good... I guess take your cash to town and go find a deal. Buying over the internet always seems tricky.
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 L, White. Bought in Vancouver, WA in 2003. 1st Jeep, White. Bought with 3" lift, added Pacesetter header and 40 series Flowmaster
myriad360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.