New JKU - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > New JKU

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 04-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
CABBOTT
1982 CJ7 

New JKU

Hey guys, a few quick questions. I'm about to purchase a new unlimited or rubi 4dr. Would like to know of any issues/faults or that y'all may have disliked from the factory so I can plan to make upgrades or needed repairs. Also any opinions on what model and comparison of capabilities would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ready to go get me a new one to tow around my CJ7

CABBOTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
ncb

First thing to mod/upgrade is the hardware in the control arms and track bars. Get rid of the metric fully threaded bolts and install the shouldered 9/16 bolts.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
CABBOTT
1982 CJ7 

Thanks for the speedy reply ncb, so what is the purpose on this? Just to get rid of metric and more available standard hardware, or is the factory hardware a lower grade like grade 5?
CABBOTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
ncb

The metric hardware is fully threaded and loose in the brackets. It will eventually start to wear and be a possible cause of death wobble.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Main issue with those is bending of the front axle. As for the bolt thing, IMO, if its not broke don't fix it. I wheeled the snot out of my 08 on 37s and never did the bolt thing or had any problems with death wobble. No issues with my 11 on 35s either.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.