New to Jeeps and off roading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > New to Jeeps and off roading

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Mfrancis
2014 JK Wrangler 

New to Jeeps and off roading

I am looking at making a Jeep my next vehicle. I will be buying new and am looking at a JKU Sahara. What are the major differences in the 2012 and up JKUs than the ones prior to that. I will use it as a daily driver as well as my new hobby. I like the fact they hold their value so well. I went to test drive one last week and a pre owned 2012 was only a couple thousand more dollars than buying new. I've done a lot of homework, and I'm definite on a JKU. I'm just trying to find out all the information I can to use as ammunition to get the best deal. If anyone knows how it works if you build from the website to get exactly what you want, that would be helpful too. The salesman kept trying to sell me a sport and adding all the options I want that the Sahara already has to it. Pretty annoying when you are dropping this kind of cash. Thanks for any info.

Mfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrancis View Post
I am looking at making a Jeep my next vehicle. I will be buying new and am looking at a JKU Sahara. What are the major differences in the 2012 and up JKUs than the ones prior to that. I will use it as a daily driver as well as my new hobby. I like the fact they hold their value so well. I went to test drive one last week and a pre owned 2012 was only a couple thousand more dollars than buying new. I've done a lot of homework, and I'm definite on a JKU. I'm just trying to find out all the information I can to use as ammunition to get the best deal. If anyone knows how it works if you build from the website to get exactly what you want, that would be helpful too. The salesman kept trying to sell me a sport and adding all the options I want that the Sahara already has to it. Pretty annoying when you are dropping this kind of cash. Thanks for any info.
Check out Kellys Blue Book, Edmunds, etc. Carrying knowledge to a dealership is more important than carrying cash. And stay away from dealer add-ons and extended warranties.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.