New Jeep tips - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > New Jeep tips

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
aslogue4
1991 YJ Wrangler 

New Jeep tips

Okay guys going to test drive this weekend and I need some tips! What do I look for! And if I get it should I immediately part and clean and rebuild?
Anything will help!

#4 First Baseman/Pitcher
Open to suggestions! I will fabricate as much as possible!
I am very capable! Don't doubt me! I will shut you up!
aslogue4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Adam013085

If you are looking at YJ or TJs look for rust EVERYWHERE! Look for the 4.0 it is bulletproof. Rust is the main thing to look for then look over it like you would any other vehicle.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
If you are looking at YJ or TJs look for rust EVERYWHERE! Look for the 4.0 it is bulletproof. Rust is the main thing to look for then look over it like you would any other vehicle.
So true about the rust. ANY rust ANYWHERE should be a deal breaker. Don't buy it. Ever. Nothing is more discouraging than having to replace a frame before you can do any work on it. Well, having to replace a tub is no fun either.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.