New here and had some IMPORTANT QUESTIONS - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > New here and had some IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
myhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
Comparing any BMW to a wrangler is along the lines of apples to oranges. There is no comparison. Go drive one and see if you like it.
yup planing on doing that this week

myhigh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
myhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltk1144 View Post
Hi there myhigh. I'm pretty new to the forum as well and even younger than you so I don't want to lose any respect I may have already, but let me give you some suggestions. 1. Be friendly. Your use of capitalization comes across as a little rude. 2. Be humble. I won't tell you how to feel but a '11 BMW is a pretty nice car. And finally, 3. Your taste in jeeps is very different from what most on this forum are into. I don't have a problem at all with seeing built jeeps with fancy rims only being used on road. People can do whatever they want to their cars. But just be aware that many jeepforum users don't like this kind of stuff.
i see where you are coming from i actually meant no harm in that comment. maybe talking in person and reading the same words off the net don't sound alike. And not in any way did i try to show off my previous car im humble as can get. i was just responding to what the previous member. he had posted about not having a comfortable ride and having a loud car. but im pretty sure you read all the comments before writing this right?? and i thank you for the awareness tip appreciate it chap...
myhigh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
ltk1144
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhigh View Post
i see where you are coming from i actually meant no harm in that comment. maybe talking in person and reading the same words off the net don't sound alike. And not in any way did i try to show off my previous car im humble as can get. i was just responding to what the previous member. he had posted about not having a comfortable ride and having a loud car. but im pretty sure you read all the comments before writing this right?? and i thank you for the awareness tip appreciate it chap...
Don't sweat it man, glad I could help FYI I never had the impression that you were "showing off" your bmw anyway.. just trying to say that, yea, in actuality it probably does quite a bit better than any wrangler on road.
ltk1144 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
TNbeach

2007 JK Wrangler 

Wranglers have a terrible ride on the road. I didn't realize quite how bad until I got a turbo'ed VW for a daily driver and relegated my 01 Jeep to being the "fun" car. You can't drive fast. You can't go around a corner or turn very quickly. I like doing both of those things, so I got a sporty German car. Like the others have said, drive a Jeep similar to what you want before you buy one. Drive it a lot. I'm going to assume you drive somewhat aggressively, just going off your lowered Bimmer set up. You won't be doing that in a Jeep. They're super top-heavy, even more so with a hard top. Also, the lift will make the ride even worse and make you have to take corners even slower.

And if you do decide you want a Jeep, I'd recommend a Sahara. They have nicer seats, more chrome, more amenities. And don't pay extra for any off-road upgrades if you don't want to wheel it. Driving a Wrangler is completely different than driving a car, especially a sporty German number.

Hope that helps a little bit.
TNbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #20
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum. Watch the caps button. Wrangles have a horrible ride. Remeber they have a solid front axle I don't think it really matters what tire you are running, the ride will always be ****. My 2013 JKUR ride compared to my chevey avalance is like your bmw compared to a Kia. With that said I would go with a Sahara if you want all show and no go. If you think you want to get into the off road scene a little a later on in life get a rubicon. Don't leat the stealerships get you with the bling bling. Wait until the end of the month to start looking for a jeep. Prices go way down. I bought my 2013 JKUR with navigation heated seats unconnected two tone seats brand new fully loaded with 1 mile on it for $34800.00 out the door with taxes tags title in VA. Msrp was 41 something or 42. Got it the last day of the month.
Ls1man2020 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #21
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Actually, since you are here on the forum, you might wanna go poke around the "Street Jeep" forum....I think those folks are more "tuned in" to your intended usage of your new Jeep. Most of us who hit trails, mud, rocks, whatever, are not really interested in the "Street Scene", as that pic you posted implies! It seems like a waste of a good Jeep, frankly! But: it's (or will be)*your* Jeep to do with as you please! If you actually pull the trigger: Good Luck with it!

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
help needed , new buyer , new here , which ones

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.