JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Buying Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f165/)
-   -   New here and had some IMPORTANT QUESTIONS (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f165/new-here-had-some-important-questions-1540564/)

myhigh 06-23-2013 11:20 PM

New here and had some IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

hey fellow members,

im nick 23 and i currently have a 2011 bmw 335i which i am getting rid of. I have really been looking forward to the jeep wrangler unlimited .. only problem is i have read about them, but cant really say i know much about them.. the way i got interested in Jeeps is after i saw this beauty in a showroom. it had a 3inch lift kit and some 20inch rims not sure which it was listed for 41k (have attached a picture)http://i39.tinypic.com/35alws9.jpg

it was a jaw dropping experience for me and at that point on i knew this is my next car.. i will be using this car as my daily driver, I'm pretty sure i wont be going off road for a while since I'm too new to the jeep scene how ever i do want bigger rims and maybe a lift later on..

My main question is which unlimited model would be best for me? and what options to watch out for at the dealership i know i deff want a hardtop,navi/bluuetooth in the car and if possible red interior seats.

Another question i had is how can we make these jeeps faster are there chips.etc things for them which tune would give the best gain?

thanks in advance guys really looking forward to the advice .
:cheers2:

Adam013085 06-24-2013 08:06 AM

Wow. Don't pay close to that price for that wrangler... You can get a loaded rubi for that price!

myhigh 06-24-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam013085 (Post 15600331)
Wow. Don't pay close to that price for that wrangler... You can get a loaded rubi for that price!

thats the thing which one should i get?

Adam013085 06-24-2013 01:52 PM

Only you can answer that question.... I was just telling you NOT to pay that much for a sport with aftermarket rims and tires. It sounds like you won't need the rubi, so I would look into the sport or sahara. The sahara is going to have more options, bells and whistles but cost a bit more.

myhigh 06-24-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam013085 (Post 15601743)
Only you can answer that question.... I was just telling you NOT to pay that much for a sport with aftermarket rims and tires. It sounds like you won't need the rubi, so I would look into the sport or sahara. The sahara is going to have more options, bells and whistles but cost a bit more.

whaT WOULD YOU SAY IS A GOOD MODEL IF IM NOT TAKING IT OFF ROAD?

Adam013085 06-24-2013 03:56 PM

In my earlier post i suggested a sport or a sahara. Sport is more basic, Sahara has more bells and whistles.

Dave2002ti 06-24-2013 05:05 PM

Why

Are you getting a Jeep if you arent taking it off road? Not sure you want 20" rims with a Wrangler for on road use because of the ride. Wranglers usually big tires and smaller rims

Adam013085 06-24-2013 07:41 PM

Not all people offroad. I had a wrangler in college because I loved to drive topless and doorless. I was on road 99.9% of the time.

VietVet67 06-24-2013 08:27 PM

You will take a hit on MPG too remember --look at the used market--Stock Jeeps seem to get better mileage and are fine on the road and in the dirt just not the really OFF road stuff--to capable to go where i like to go i might add--

myhigh 06-24-2013 09:50 PM

why not they look awesome

myhigh 06-24-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2002ti (Post 15602479)
Are you getting a Jeep if you arent taking it off road? Not sure you want 20" rims with a Wrangler for on road use because of the ride. Wranglers usually big tires and smaller rims

What do you mean because of the ride is it not good for the car?

Dave2002ti 06-25-2013 06:36 AM

Wrangler's ride

Wranglers arent known for their plush ride on road. They have live axles and ride like a truck on road. Ride is rough compared to your 3 series and they are loud compared to your 3 series. Braking isnt even close. Some Wranglers leak in the rain and with the hardtop get very hot in the summer time.

Issue with 20" wheels is you are taking away tire sidewall and the Wrangler will ride even stiffer and be less forgiving. Also there is greater chance of damaging a 20" wheel from potholes etc.

Test drive a Wrangler not for 15 minutes but for at least an hour on the roads your drive.

myhigh 06-25-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2002ti (Post 15604363)
Wranglers arent known for their plush ride on road. They have live axles and ride like a truck on road. Ride is rough compared to your 3 series and they are loud compared to your 3 series. Braking isnt even close. Some Wranglers leak in the rain and with the hardtop get very hot in the summer time.

Issue with 20" wheels is you are taking away tire sidewall and the Wrangler will ride even stiffer and be less forgiving. Also there is greater chance of damaging a 20" wheel from potholes etc.

Test drive a Wrangler not for 15 minutes but for at least an hour on the roads your drive.

dont go there ride in my 335 was so much worser than this i was a full bolt on and lowered so siting in a jeep is way more than better lol my car was really loud aLSO

ltk1144 06-25-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhigh (Post 15605166)
dont go there ride in my 335 was so much worser than this i was a full bolt on and lowered so siting in a jeep is way more than better lol my car was really loud aLSO

Hi there myhigh. I'm pretty new to the forum as well and even younger than you so I don't want to lose any respect I may have already, but let me give you some suggestions. 1. Be friendly. Your use of capitalization comes across as a little rude. 2. Be humble. I won't tell you how to feel but a '11 BMW is a pretty nice car. And finally, 3. Your taste in jeeps is very different from what most on this forum are into. I don't have a problem at all with seeing built jeeps with fancy rims only being used on road. People can do whatever they want to their cars. But just be aware that many jeepforum users don't like this kind of stuff.

Adam013085 06-25-2013 11:03 AM

Comparing any BMW to a wrangler is along the lines of apples to oranges. There is no comparison. Go drive one and see if you like it.

The time now is 09:46 AM.