New clutch in a month - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > New clutch in a month

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
RonMilder

New clutch in a month

Good & bad news from me! Let's start with the negative. Purchased a new 2012 wrangler Jeep Arctic from the Alicante dealer in Spain. They were dead helpful giving me a good price & almost honouring their delivery times. No locking wheel nuts though as ordered. So car arrived, we drove it in Murcia for 10 days (Murcia=even more south of Spain) on roads & country terrain. No mountain use or testing off road conditions. Then we decided to move to the island of Ibiza. An articulated lorry grabbed our belongings for the ferry over. The jeep was the last thing on the truck. We had to reverse it on up the ramps. In command & with 4x4 in low, I reversed with steady momentum up the ramps. Once the car was fully on the ascent it lost the power. I gave it more diesel to compensate but still she laboured. The angle of ascent was minor. I let her roll off & tried again with more power & more momentum. Again once we had full weight on ramp, the cars power was insufficient & at this point the clutch started to smell slightly even though both times the clutch was fully out. The final time I tried I had to use little boy tonker tactics almost racing up the ramps. Success but disappointed in its performance.
Once in Ibiza the problems really started. First & second gears shuddered upon pull away. Smelly clutch syndrome! (Clutch not crouch). Took her in to the island Jeep dealer. Thankfully Jeep are popular here & there's many on the roads. They said it was not under warranty or guarantee & that it was caused by misuse. Been driving 25 yrs & know how to burn out a clutch. So I argued my case, a 4x4 car 2 weeks old without a day off road & a downed clutch, furious I was. Plus I had the whole loading the jeep on truck on film. I threatened all sorts of legal & social action. Alicante dealer didn't bother with me at all. With his commission in pocket he was out of the problem. Here's the good bit. Jordi - the jeep boss on island hit HQ jeep & got them to fund the new clutch. He argued my case to them even though he hadn't earned a bean from the sale. The car was repaired & now we reside on a mountain side & she climbs the dirt trails effortlessly each day. Fun too (if there's only 2 of you with minimal bags). So thank you Jordi & team, burp to you lot in Alicante!!!

R milder

RonMilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.