need some advice on a jeep I'm looking at! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > need some advice on a jeep I'm looking at!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
sai88

need some advice on a jeep I'm looking at!

found a 1988 jeep wrangler and was wondering what the value of it would be if it were in perfect condition. i do body work by trade so that parts easy but this jeep needs the motor rebuilt and the transmission it pretty much shot. was thinking about putting a ax15 trans in it and sending the motor to the machine shop can do both for around 3500 bucks. can any body tell what it may be worth when i'm finished plan on keeping it so i dont mind spending some money just dont want to get upside down on it. sorry if i posted this in the wrong section new to the forum. thanks a lot!

sai88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:06 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You don't mention mileage on the vehicle. If it is a carbed vehicle it would be worth a little less than an '89 with FI. The '89 YJ in bone stock NO RUST good running condition with around 160k miles on it would go for about $4500. Less for modified units. Therefore you should not spend more than $1k for the Jeep if you don't want to be upside down on it. Of course all of this depends on a bunch of stuff.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
sai88

I bought it for 1500 with 226000 miles knowing id probally have to rebuild the engine soon and I thought the trans was repairable but everyone ive spoken to said not to put any money into the ba 10/15 and instead upgrade to an ax15. The body is in great shape very minimal body work which is good. Thanks for the help
sai88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
gtome

Sounds decent. Seems like Jeeps are high here in Florida.
gtome is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.