Need help pricing 2005 LJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Need help pricing 2005 LJ

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
qwopzxnm

Need help pricing 2005 LJ

Hello Jeep gurus

As my search for my first Jeep continues I'm seeing my budget get pushed up higher and higher, and this one is no exception.

It's a 2005 LJ that to my untrained eye appears to be in really good condition. It's obviously been lifted and has aftermarket suspension however I have no idea as to how high and what parts were used. I test drove it and everything seems great.

So the question I ask of the experts here is what's a fair price for a cherry 2005 LJ that's lifted and ready to go? (Car is at a dealership)

CA Jeep with no rust
Just under 100K miles
Auto Trans
CB antenna hookup and wired nicely
Interior and Exterior are both a 10
Hardtop has the wiper and defrost
New(er?) tires
Winch

qwopzxnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I've said it a hundred times: Do NOT buy a lifted and modified jeep. First you don't know the expertise of who did the lift and what qualifications they may or may not have. Second, you do not know the quality of the hardware used. Get yourself a bone stock unit and don't look back. I would look hard and long at this Jeep IF it had not been lifted. As it is, I wouldn't touch it unless I was a lift expert.

For pricing look into Edmunds, NADA and/or Kelleys Blue book for local values. Dealerships have a way of overpricing jeeps.
Unread 04-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
ravenworks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd look at it real good it does look like it is in excellent shape.
I gave 16k for mine 2.5 years ago and it was bone stock with 58k on clock.
The lift that is on it doesn't look to be more that 3 inchs.
Unread 04-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Don't buy a lifted Jeep????

Whatever

See if there is a 4x4 shop near you and see if the dealership is OK with a 3rd party taking a look at the components. most lifts out there are bolt on kits. It's not hard to check and see if they are quality parts and if they were installed correctly. There is nothing wrong with letting a PO pay for aftermarket parts you want. The key is to not overpay for the Jeep just because it has had work done to it.
AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
tnfritch
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think it looks like a really nice jeep. I like the color combo (gray and white). I also like the hard top(more rare for lj). Any ideas on what they are asking?
tnfritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDNewman View Post
I've said it a hundred times: Do NOT buy a lifted and modified jeep. First you don't know the expertise of who did the lift and what qualifications they may or may not have. Second, you do not know the quality of the hardware used. Get yourself a bone stock unit and don't look back. I would look hard and long at this Jeep IF it had not been lifted. As it is, I wouldn't touch it unless I was a lift expert.

For pricing look into Edmunds, NADA and/or Kelleys Blue book for local values. Dealerships have a way of overpricing jeeps.
I couldn't disagree more with this statement and I strongly suggest to the OP that you do NOT take this sh!tty advice.

People lift Jeeps all the time solely based on looks and nothing more. If you're going to buy a lifted/built Jeep do a VERY thorough inspection of everything mechanical, electrical, carpets, seats, etc. Check for any signs of high water, mud, etc. Buying built Jeeps is a GREAT way to get an AMAZING deal. You will never get your money back on mods and that's great for the guy looking for something already built. I bought a built LJ and it was the best decision I've made.

The Jeep in question looks very clean. Has ARB's and nice tires. Lift is unknown but that's ok. He's got at least $5k in extras in the Jeep. I would say somewhere around $15k would be my guess.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.