Need help buying LJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Need help buying LJ

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
jmhat98
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Need help buying LJ

I found a LJ locally for $11900. It has 6cyl, auto, and 122k miles. It will definitely need a new top, it has a soft top now that has hail damage and you can see sunlight looking up, but he swears it does not leak due to some sealer he put on the inside. It drove good and did not have any issues that I could find. Is this a good deal? What are my options for a top and what should I expect to pay to replace the top? Can you find a hard top for the LJ?

Unread 07-07-2013, 03:48 AM   #2
jeepowner1224
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Im not sure, i bought my lj for 8k completly stock with 105,000 miles , it has a hard top. they are some web pages were you can find hard tops or reasonable prices for about 2k-3k but it may vary. http://www.hardtopdepot.com/ (remember im refering to custom tops)
is the lj stock or is has some mods?
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
jmhat98
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It is stock. I have been looking around and it seems reasonable on price, actually have not seen one cheaper within 300 miles in the 2 weeks or so I have been looking. Sounds like you got a steal on yours.
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Seems like a reasonable price. I would shoot for 10k if you want it.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
70s J10 with J20 axles - yard art too
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
dadkinsemt
Lost

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well price is ok and it comes down to what do you want to pay for it. You can get a TJ in that price range with lower miles and a good top. That being said I really wanted an LJ and knew I was going to pay for it. Paid about 15000 for mine 2 months ago with 60k on it and it was a rubicon.

Tops are available for it. Hard tops are deffenetly harder and more expensive. If the frame and all the hardware is in good condition you can get just the top and that can help save some money.

05 LJ rubicon
14 JKU, wife's
Mile Hi jeep club, Patrol 9

MY BUILD
dadkinsemt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.