Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Need help buying first jeep!!!

974 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  peabuckley 
#1 ·
Am looking to buy a jeep as a second car. Only parameter is that it will occasional house a baby in the back. So i assume hardtop and a/c. other than that, don't know the advantages of old/new. i have about 6K. I love the older cj's, but am i better trying to get a mid 90's wrangler? Have seen a 79 cj with hardtop a/c and new engine....what are the disadvantages with regards to the baby in the back, compared to a newer model? Any feedback is awesome. am a novice and need some of the basic advice when looking. Thanks in advance,Paul.

#2 ·
A mid `90's model is going to be much easier to maintain (fuel injected, R134 freon, etc) and better as a second vehicle. Especially if you want A/C and any other comforts. For $6k, you should be able to find a stock TJ in good condition, although the hard top will be an issue.

I like the of older CJ's but I see them more as a third vehicle. (But, who am I to say, my `02 TJ is my 4th vehicle)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.