Need advice! Is this a good deal? 2007 JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Need advice! Is this a good deal? 2007 JK

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
vanhammersley

Need advice! Is this a good deal? 2007 JK

Hello,

I'm a new member to the forum/Jeep world. Just caught the bug this summer after a mudding excursion/vacation in Maine. I am considering my first Jeep purchase, and found one that 'looks' nice/seems like a good deal, but I wanted to get some expert opinion...

Here are some specs from the listing:

2007 Jeep Wrangler X
Mileage: 54,249
Color: Black
Trans: Manual
Price: $17,907
URL to listing/view: http://tinyurl.com/cdmpfpe

It looks fairly clean/nice, and Carfax looks clean. I did hear from the dealer, and she told me this vehicle was a one-owner ("clean cut military guy" as she described), garage kept, used as a 'fun' vehicle, but never used for off-road (that they could tell) or towing. Owner traded it to get another 'fun' smaller/vehicle (VW GTI). It has aftermarket tires (not sure brand wheel/tire), but also the stock tires/wheels would be part of sale.

I haven't been to see the vehicle yet (2 hours south of me in Sanford, FL), but if worth a look, I may go Friday to check it out/test drive. I will have a trade-in (2002 Mitsu Montero Sport/86K+ miles) as well.

Any opinions on if this is worth the trip to look at further, based on year/condition/mileage?

As far as what I'm looking for/what I would use it for...

...basically a daily driver, though I work at home, so would only really use on weekends mostly. Don't really care if manual or auto. Want a soft-top. I'm not looking to do any off-roading, though driving on the sand/beach would probably happen occasionally. Most miles would come from around town, with occasional short trips, but nothing beyond a couple hours most likely.

Thanks for any input!

vanhammersley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
w8tek
2008 JK Wrangler 

I think that is a decent price... Mileage is pretty high to be a "fun" car. I am sure it was a daily driver. My '08 JK has been a daily driver and has 45,000 miles. I was looking to trade it for a '12 and they were going to offer me $18,500 on trade, but mine is the Sahara with dual tops. I think $17,900 is a good price from a dealer. I wish I would have gotten the stick, but I got the automatic because my wife used it as a DD for the first couple years. Check the tread depth on the tires. A new set would cost you at least $1,000.
w8tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
vanhammersley

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tek View Post
Mileage is pretty high to be a "fun" car. I am sure it was a daily driver.
Thanks for the reply/input. I agree, that did sound pretty high for 'having fun'...but doesn't sound like he drove the hell out of it I guess (mileage wise).

Re: checking the tire tread/depth, that's definitely on my short list of things to check, along with rust and such.

So far, this dealer has been the best with price, and contact/service, which goes a long ways with me. I'll probably head my way down there and give it a test drive.
vanhammersley is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.