Need advice! Is this a good deal? 2007 JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Need advice! Is this a good deal? 2007 JK

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
vanhammersley

Need advice! Is this a good deal? 2007 JK

Hello,

I'm a new member to the forum/Jeep world. Just caught the bug this summer after a mudding excursion/vacation in Maine. I am considering my first Jeep purchase, and found one that 'looks' nice/seems like a good deal, but I wanted to get some expert opinion...

Here are some specs from the listing:

2007 Jeep Wrangler X
Mileage: 54,249
Color: Black
Trans: Manual
Price: $17,907
URL to listing/view: http://tinyurl.com/cdmpfpe

It looks fairly clean/nice, and Carfax looks clean. I did hear from the dealer, and she told me this vehicle was a one-owner ("clean cut military guy" as she described), garage kept, used as a 'fun' vehicle, but never used for off-road (that they could tell) or towing. Owner traded it to get another 'fun' smaller/vehicle (VW GTI). It has aftermarket tires (not sure brand wheel/tire), but also the stock tires/wheels would be part of sale.

I haven't been to see the vehicle yet (2 hours south of me in Sanford, FL), but if worth a look, I may go Friday to check it out/test drive. I will have a trade-in (2002 Mitsu Montero Sport/86K+ miles) as well.

Any opinions on if this is worth the trip to look at further, based on year/condition/mileage?

As far as what I'm looking for/what I would use it for...

...basically a daily driver, though I work at home, so would only really use on weekends mostly. Don't really care if manual or auto. Want a soft-top. I'm not looking to do any off-roading, though driving on the sand/beach would probably happen occasionally. Most miles would come from around town, with occasional short trips, but nothing beyond a couple hours most likely.

Thanks for any input!

vanhammersley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
w8tek
2008 JK Wrangler 

I think that is a decent price... Mileage is pretty high to be a "fun" car. I am sure it was a daily driver. My '08 JK has been a daily driver and has 45,000 miles. I was looking to trade it for a '12 and they were going to offer me $18,500 on trade, but mine is the Sahara with dual tops. I think $17,900 is a good price from a dealer. I wish I would have gotten the stick, but I got the automatic because my wife used it as a DD for the first couple years. Check the tread depth on the tires. A new set would cost you at least $1,000.
w8tek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
vanhammersley

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tek View Post
Mileage is pretty high to be a "fun" car. I am sure it was a daily driver.
Thanks for the reply/input. I agree, that did sound pretty high for 'having fun'...but doesn't sound like he drove the hell out of it I guess (mileage wise).

Re: checking the tire tread/depth, that's definitely on my short list of things to check, along with rust and such.

So far, this dealer has been the best with price, and contact/service, which goes a long ways with me. I'll probably head my way down there and give it a test drive.
vanhammersley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.