Need advice on first Jeep. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Need advice on first Jeep.

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 11-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Hospit0

Need advice on first Jeep.

Okay, so I am looking into buying my first Jeep. I found one that I like on craigslist but I feel like the seller is asking too much I could be wrong though. The ad reads as follows:

I'm sellign my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It has 4.0 6cyl and runs great with 143,276 miles, All time all wheel drive. Ive put alot of new parts on the jeep in the past two years. It has a Rebuilt Transmission, New Master Cylinder, New Water Pump, New Radiator, New Evap Emissions Canister, New Thermostat, New Calipers, New Tie Rod Ends, New Shocks, New Front Steering Stabilizer, and New Rear Stabilizer End Links. I also have another set of tires for her that i just dont have time to put on. She has a 2in lift with 2in wheel spacers and 32in tires and a flowmaster exhaust. She also has HID headlights and fog lights, Black leather interior, Heated seats, 10 disc changer, a Sun Roof, and Camo on the dashboard that is removable and it has the chrome underneath. I've had my jeep for 7 years but i want something bigger. Ive put alot of work into it so im asking 5,000 or best offer.

What I am asking is what should I pay for this, or what others would pay for it? I really don't want to over pay because money is kind of tight at the moment.

Last edited by Hospit0; 11-30-2013 at 08:58 PM..
Hospit0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
adhdlacrosse16
2014 JK Wrangler 

too much. 143k is alot of miles, not so much on the engine as the tranny even if it is rebuilt (must have receipt to prove it). figure out if the lift is bb or coils, make sure it has akembo calipers, monotube shocks and ss, make sure everything is functional, sun roof disk changer etc. make sure HID are actual projector housings and not retrofits, check if exhaust is welded, check leaks before and after test drive. also there are no "rear stabilizer end links" assuming they are talking about sway bar links they are negligible, also make sure heated seats work they have tendency to fail. ask about blend doors, as a limited it has dual climate control
http://www.jgcparts.com/JeepHeater.h...FYF7QgoddXsA7Q <-- reading
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Does-my-Jeep...6686733/g.html <-- reading
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
adhdlacrosse16
2014 JK Wrangler 

you need to nit pick him as it is a 10+ year old vehicle --> the more you know the more you will be able to see exactly what is wrong with it/ what needs fixed/ what is not original
Unread 11-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Hospit0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdlacrosse16 View Post
too much. 143k is alot of miles, not so much on the engine as the tranny even if it is rebuilt (must have receipt to prove it). figure out if the lift is bb or coils, make sure it has akembo calipers, monotube shocks and ss, make sure everything is functional, sun roof disk changer etc. make sure HID are actual projector housings and not retrofits, check if exhaust is welded, check leaks before and after test drive. also there are no "rear stabilizer end links" assuming they are talking about sway bar links they are negligible, also make sure heated seats work they have tendency to fail. ask about blend doors, as a limited it has dual climate control
http://www.jgcparts.com/JeepHeater.h...FYF7QgoddXsA7Q <-- reading
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Does-my-Jeep...6686733/g.html <-- reading
I will try, I don't know all that much about all that stuff but with that being said, how much do you think you would pay?
Also I added a picture of it.
Unread 11-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
adhdlacrosse16
2014 JK Wrangler 

all that being said. i would pay 4k if ithas been in a rust free environment, including leather being in good condition front and back, and the arm rests being in good condition in the front. blend doors are not really a big deal if you have a dremmel and an hour.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/comprehensive-bds-fatbobs-2-lift-thread-1154164/<-- read
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...J-HID-Retrofit read <-- read
for blend doors pull the glove box... if there is shiny tape it has been repaired if not ask about it and it will result in a reduced price as it is a ticking time bomb
other stuff is not really a big deal at 140k, just general maintenance stuff, so 5k is outrageous
Unread 11-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
adhdlacrosse16
2014 JK Wrangler 

also the test drive is important. touch everything.... hood, lift gate, all doors, folding seats, glove box, ac controls etc
Unread 11-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Hospit0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdlacrosse16 View Post
also the test drive is important. touch everything.... hood, lift gate, all doors, folding seats, glove box, ac controls etc
Alright, thank you. Thats what I was thinking as well, around $4,000.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.