Need Advice??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Need Advice???

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
350z_rn

Need Advice???

hello everyone, i'm new to the jeep world and this forum. i'm looking for a daily driver and something new to have a little fun with. my friendís aunt is selling a 1992 wrangler with the 4.0L engine with 96,000 miles. i guess i'm just wondering what to look for or questions to ask while checking it out. i'm a little nervous buying a 16 year old jeep though. also what type of maintenance issues am i looking at? i currently drive a modded nissan 350z so this is a little out of my realm. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

350z_rn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
collkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Jump one it!

You'll soon see/find out, that these 4.0's can hit 300k miles Easily!

So something with that LOW of miles i would jump on if your getting a good deal for.

Not to much that you need to watch out for, just do the normal things like Changing all Fluids when you buy it. Other then that i would Jump on it and FAST!!!!

Welcome!
Colorado Member #89
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
350z_rn

well the good thing is she has not officially put it up for sale. so i have first dibbs at it. i believe she's asking around $3000 for it. still makes me nervous buying a car that 16 years old though. i'm going down after the new year to take it for a test drive and really check it out.
350z_rn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.