Need Advice??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Need Advice???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #1
350z_rn

Need Advice???

hello everyone, i'm new to the jeep world and this forum. i'm looking for a daily driver and something new to have a little fun with. my friendís aunt is selling a 1992 wrangler with the 4.0L engine with 96,000 miles. i guess i'm just wondering what to look for or questions to ask while checking it out. i'm a little nervous buying a 16 year old jeep though. also what type of maintenance issues am i looking at? i currently drive a modded nissan 350z so this is a little out of my realm. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

350z_rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2007, 04:03 AM   #2
collkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Jump one it!

You'll soon see/find out, that these 4.0's can hit 300k miles Easily!

So something with that LOW of miles i would jump on if your getting a good deal for.

Not to much that you need to watch out for, just do the normal things like Changing all Fluids when you buy it. Other then that i would Jump on it and FAST!!!!

Welcome!
Colorado Member #89
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
350z_rn

well the good thing is she has not officially put it up for sale. so i have first dibbs at it. i believe she's asking around $3000 for it. still makes me nervous buying a car that 16 years old though. i'm going down after the new year to take it for a test drive and really check it out.
350z_rn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.