Mileage Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Mileage Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
jishfandogjr
2007 KJ Liberty 

Mileage Question

Hey everyone, My grandfather just recently purchased a new Liberty and I think I am going to buy his '07 Liberty Sport off of him. Only problem is that it has 197,000 miles on it. Any idea how many more miles id be able to get from it? It has been pretty well maintained.
Thanks

jishfandogjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #2
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have any Liberty experience but 200k miles is a lot for any vehicle.

But, if the vehicle was well maintained, oil, filters, and other fluid changes, brakes, tune ups, this can go a long way.

Decide how long, years and miles, you plan to keep the vehicle.

Do you plan to stay close to home, meaning if your have a breakdown, do you have a support network. I had a son with an older vehicle away at college several states away. Service and breakdowns were at nightmare and expensive.

I see your 15, so I guess this is your first vehicle and going to use it while at high school. If Grandpa is giving you a deal on it and if someone can help you when service is needed, it should last a few more years.

Also, it would be best to use it as Grandpa did, if you start adding mods and offroading, expect breakdowns.
Unread 01-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
jishfandogjr
2007 KJ Liberty 

Hey, thanks for the tips. There was a mix up and i guess there is only 119,000 miles. I will still use some of your tips though. I also will have Triple A so that will probably be a good idea. Again thanks for the help and sorry for the mix up.
jishfandogjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jishfandogjr View Post
Hey, thanks for the tips. There was a mix up and i guess there is only 119,000 miles. I will still use some of your tips though. I also will have Triple A so that will probably be a good idea. Again thanks for the help and sorry for the mix up.
119k miles makes a big difference. I think most modern vehicles are capable of 200k miles if properly maintained. You should be able to get several years out of it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.