Looking For A Jeep - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 07-07-2009, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
yakslaks

Looking For A Jeep

My first vehicle was a 81 Grand Wagoneer with a 360 but i got into trucks and sold it. Now after 7 trucks i want a Jeep preferably a CJ. I have a 258 that i want to rebuild, hop up, and use. It was in a 81 AMC Eagle that was our family car since before i was born(1985) that my brother wrecked about 10 years ago. So i kind of have a thing for AMCs and i want something that came with a carb which is why i am looking in the CJ direction. Now to my options.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/1250057047.html

i went to look at it last week and it has a few issues. It didn't run when i went by, the owner said it needed a fuel line. Lots of rust, the front passenger fender is mostly Bondo and it had holes in the floor. There was only one seat and so on. But its a V8 which is cool especially with the fenderwell headers and turn outs it had.

Next option. In Ozark, AL which is about 125 miles away there is 77 CJ5 with a little rust no interior, transmission, or transfer case. Its also comes with a rolling chassis that has been restored or at least sandblasted and painted. It also has new stainless fuel lines and brake lines installed on it. Its $2000 plus fuel to go get them.

Last option. Wait, add to my jeep fund which is about $1500 until i can afford something that runs because lets face it i am lazy. I'm alot better at KEEPING running than GETTING running if you know what i mean. Something like this:

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/1224357119.html

I hope to have about $5000 by birthday in April when i hope to have a Jeep. Let me know what you guys think.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.