looking to buy 94 wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > looking to buy 94 wrangler

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
mv7fd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

looking to buy 94 wrangler

I'm new to jeeps and I'm looking at buying a 94 wrangler it has 170xxx miles on it it has the 6 cylinder motor and the 5 speed over all shape is great not major rust and frame is in good shape engine doesn't look like its leaking much and has a new soft top and new half doors it has the vacuum operated hubs or whatever and 4wd does work well i'm wonder what's a good price for it the guy wants 4500 and everything works like it should has a small lift and 5 brand new tires runs very well doesn't smoke

mv7fd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
mv7fd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

and what should i be looking for when looking over the vehicle
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Rino1425
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Compression test and make sure the tranny shifts smooth. 170k isn't that bad. A little more than I would go for, but I just rebuilt mine with only 100k on it.
Rino1425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check for rust, rust, and more rust. What does "not major rust" mean? Where is the rust? At that price there should be no rust at all, but up north you never know. Also what does "engine doesn't look like it is leaking much" mean? Also what is "a small lift" mean? Without pictures it is very hard to give you advice. I personally would not buy a modified Jeep unless I knew who did the mods and how well.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
mv7fd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Windshield frame is rusted and when you crawl underneath there is a little oil brand new 33's and brand new soft top it looks really good

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.