Looking at a 92 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Looking at a 92 YJ

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 06-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
harleytojeep

Looking at a 92 YJ

Hey guys, well I'm in the market for a jeep now. I just recently sold my 2007 HD Street Glide that I had a lot of money in.

Here is the jeep I'm looking at. Just want some advice. Ill describe it as best as I can.
http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/ctd/3857564395.html

Its a 92' with 170K miles. The paint looks pretty good, but has some scratches, scrapes etc. But overall no runs or anything. It ran pretty good, no leaks, goes into 4WD fine, 5 speed shifts well, and started up fine. Tires seemed to have a decent amount of tread left.

Negatives
CD player works but no sound. Has an overhead sound bar. Not sure if not wired properly or what.
AC/Heat seemed like it wasn't very strong
Not sure if the door is made that way or what, but I had to open the door from the outside while I was inside.

It needs a HEAVY cleaning. From the undercarriage, dash, seats, etc. I'm not worried about this part. I can get cleaning supplies and give it a good cleaning. I would also change all fluids.

They want $6k for it. What do you think I should offer? Ill try to answer any questions you guys may have about it.

Thanks guys
Justin

harleytojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Adam013085

If the owner could not even clean it before it was sold, just think of the lack of maintenance that was put in it (or lack there of). $6k seems a bit high for any YJ especially with high miles. You should be able to open the doors from the inside although that is a mute point IMO. It has been repainted at some point. Check the frame for rot. There appears to be quite a bit of surface rust in one of the pics and I would bet somewhere on the frame it has completely rotted through. Do as you want but this one looks pretty iffy to me.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.