Looking at an 05 Jeep Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Looking at an 05 Jeep Wrangler

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
mowillie

Looking at an 05 Jeep Wrangler

I checked out a Jeep wrangler today. 2005, 85337 miles, straight 6, automatic. They want $13k. It was real clean on the inside and outside, but the top and fender flares are a little faded. Soft top only. They said that the front passenger side wheel had a little bit of a "shimmy" when driving at highway speed. Also the AC did not blow out of the top vents. I did not look at a carfax report yet, nor did i drive it yet.
Anyone want to give me some advice?

mowillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Adam013085

The fender flares will fade if left outside in the sun. You can get the softtop fabric from Bestop. The wheel shimmy could be a simple easy fix or something harder. The AC not blowing in the vents is possibly blender door messed up. Id ask them to take $500 off for a new top, fix the shimmy and the AC. If you do that and get it for 10-11k you will be doing pretty good.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
flyfisher12
2012 JK Wrangler 

Seems kind of high to me considering you can get a brand new one for less than double what they are asking.
flyfisher12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
mowillie

Okay, thanks. I may go back on monday and see what can be done and also drive it.
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
mowillie

after looking at some of the steering/stabilizing parts from a parts warehouse, it looks like $275-$350, would be the cost of tie rod ends, tie rod, draglink, and track bar. And that is if I did it all myself. That also may not even be the issue, but it would be a start and at least preventive maintenance.
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Adam013085

Id have them fix the steering issue or knock a substantial $ amount off the price. It is a guessing game until you tear into it and can get quite costly. Also check the front tires for wear from worn out suspension/steering up front. Post some pics if you have any, that will help a lot
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.