Is it just me? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Is it just me?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 05-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
PapaBean
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Is it just me?

Or is anyone who is selling a Jeep NOT high on crack? I've been shopping for a few months now and I'm amazed how much people are asking for TJs lately. Does pricing come down to reality typically anytime soon? Argh.

PapaBean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
BGClemson

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just shop around, deals are out there if you search hard enough. I ran across a couple like you mentioned though!
BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Adam013085

Deals DO come around but if they do you have to be first or second person to call in order to get them. TJs are at a premium price right now. Where I live almost any TJ with 100k miles with the 6 cylinder will get close to 10k+ all day everyday.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
PapaBean
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Amen to that. I've been 2nd a few times already and came home alone! Still pluggin away!
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Supply/Demand.

I've been hearing and experiencing the same solid prices in TJs for many years. I don't expect that to change soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
KTGator
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBean View Post
Or is anyone who is selling a Jeep NOT high on crack? I've been shopping for a few months now and I'm amazed how much people are asking for TJs lately. Does pricing come down to reality typically anytime soon? Argh.
I'm going through this on CJ-7 in South Florida.. 13 K-22 K
KTGator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
denverd1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

www.list-alert.com
Get email alerts when they come on the market.

But you're right, everyone must be on crack with what they're asking along with the AR idiots who want $1500 for a knock off gun.
denverd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
PapaBean
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yup already use list-alert, although as many states as I am searching I had to open another email account cause they limit you to 100

Another great tool Is GIGO; do a search on "GIGO Craigslist" and use GIGO to search CL in any state you want.
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
hotrod351
1955 M-38 

glad ther asking so much, keeps the value up. if you want to complain about crazy prices then look for a old bronco. bronco = cheap metal, they all have rust and are big, and so are the prices.
hotrod351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
RyanStorm

I noticed all the local classifieds are high on the ones that are upgraded like hell. Then again I am in Jeep Country aka Utah. So almost all used Jeeps from the good years are almost always pimped out for off road.
RyanStorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #11
MetalMountainGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hell I have my 98 listed for less than they KBB and it has gotten no interest in a month.
MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #12
RyanStorm

Its the market man, cars and trucks aren't selling for what they did. People want money of a good market, but when really the market right now is people with less money!

Everything is priced down from the 2-5 years! My car was running 5-6k in 2007-2008, back when my cousin first tried to sell it but it was too high for me! Then in 09 she wanted 3k, still too high. In 2010 she finally just gave it to me for free because it would have costed her more money than the cars worth to fix it and get it street legal.

I have put 3-5k into that car from tires to replacing half the stuff under the hood to replacing everything below in the undercarriage, yet I couldn't get anything above 1-2k right now. Which is the same thing with these 1990's Jeeps, all that money put into the Jeep to keep it at "working level", doesn't count in the cost of the car! People also aren't going to pay 2k above KBB because you got upgrades on the car. I mean they will, but only a fool would pay retail on the parts you added, its not like its a muscle car or an import racer.

Them Jeeps are selling a dime a dozen, there is no shortage and you can get them just as cheap as a 4-Wheeler! People are more likely to get a Jeep than an ATV.

The only Jeeps keeping their value are the Rubicons and the post 00's Wranglers, and they are also the ones people want to buy; the Cherokees lost all value, people are handing them out like candy, 2-3k for a 1990 or a 2004 Grand Cherokee!

The 90's Jeeps are way to high to even consider buying one right now. For a 1990 Wrangler people are asking 5-7k, but if you shop around you could get a 2005 Rubicon for 7-10k, although they are more like 12k! So its like buying a Epiphone Les Paul, and selling it later in a market filled with Gibson Les Pauls that are at the same price or an extra 15-20% more!
RyanStorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #13
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

TJ prices are going up everywhere for clean vehicles. The reason is that people are, to quote myself, realizing that the Wrangler became extinct in 2007 with the introduction of the JK minivan masquerading as a Wrangler. I know this because I had one of the pathetic creatures. The TJ supply will become tight and prices will reflect that. Once upon a time VW beetles were like a plaque of locusts, now you cannot find one. Yes, they made a lot of TJs but at the current rate of destruction and consumption, it will not be long before nice ones are hard to find. Nice Rubicons are already hard to find in some places.
3X4X4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #14
zhegs36

It will take a while to find a good shape and cheap jeep but it will be out there. Craigslist is the best option, that's what I used two years ago and if you find one that looks pretty good for the price jump on it and give it a test drive. The one I got sold in two days so act quick
zhegs36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
Fitch
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Plus it's summer time, people want the ability to go topless!
Fitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.