Just a few questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Just a few questions

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 10-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
stevetags

Just a few questions

I am in the market for a secondary vehicle to cruise around in and maybe hit a few mud holes. I really like the look of the four door wranglers, i found a 2008 with about 55k miles on it and the seller wants 17k for it. It was a three inch lift and 35 inch tires. this thing is spotless the interior looks brand new and the engine is clean. I looked under the jeep no dents on skid plates and as the seller says i dont think it was ever wheeled.

Theres two things that really turn me off from this jeep. It rides like it has cinder blocks for tires and it has a soft top, im not big on hearing the wind.

Do all jeeps ride rough? could it be a combo of the 35's and jeeps just riding rough?

Does that seem like a fair price?

I had a 05 ram with 35's and a small lift and it drove like a dream compaired to this thing.

stevetags is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Chuck1225
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ok.. So.. I can't tell you too much about the price of a four door Wrangler, but.. Yes, all wranglers/cjs will ride fairly rough. I've never ridden in one with 35's though, so that might have something to do with it. In my honest opinion, before you drop 17K.. Go look at a 2000/2001 Cherokee (XJ). Yeah, its older. But nice ones can usually be had for around 4-5k, and you'll have all that money left over to build it up the way you want it. Added bonus(es)- My 2000 XJ (Cherokee) rides nicer and is a LOT quieter than the 2000 TJ (Wrangler) that my parents had. In fact, three weeks ago they gave my sister the choice of either taking the wrangler as her first car and they would fix the few small mechanical bugs in it, or they would trade it on a 1999 XJ for her. Well, after riding in and driving mine, she chose the XJ.

Another bonus- since the Cherokee is considered a station wagon, insurance is a LOT cheaper. (Ours was, anyway.)
Chuck1225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.