Jeep tj pricing help request - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Jeep tj pricing help request

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Andrewbp

Jeep tj pricing help request

So I don't know if it's me being a cheap bastard by nature ,but I can't seem to find a rust free jeep tj , usually years 97-99, with an inline 6 and 5spd for 5-6k , down here they are all 8-9k asking price, down here being florida , and kbb is telling me private party on these with 150k miles should be 4600 with AC. My thought process is find one for 4/5/6k and invest 1500-2500 in lift and tires or find one already lifted and save some money by buying it around the 6500-700 range. All the cheaper ones I find are either 4cyl and/or automatic. Is it a jacked market down here or the average thru the US

Andrewbp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Adam013085

That is the TJ market. Unless you are lucky you won't find one in your price range rust and issue free.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's even worse up here. The ONLY TJs you can find for under $8K are complete rustbuckets.

Part of the reason I have an XJ.
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Adam013085

Not to mention the warmer months Jeeps tend to sell for more $. That is when everyone wants one. Wait a few months when the weather turns a bit colder and you may have a little more luck. With your price range you should be able to find a decent 4.0 YJ fairly rust free.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.