Jeep tj pricing help request - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Jeep tj pricing help request

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Andrewbp

Jeep tj pricing help request

So I don't know if it's me being a cheap bastard by nature ,but I can't seem to find a rust free jeep tj , usually years 97-99, with an inline 6 and 5spd for 5-6k , down here they are all 8-9k asking price, down here being florida , and kbb is telling me private party on these with 150k miles should be 4600 with AC. My thought process is find one for 4/5/6k and invest 1500-2500 in lift and tires or find one already lifted and save some money by buying it around the 6500-700 range. All the cheaper ones I find are either 4cyl and/or automatic. Is it a jacked market down here or the average thru the US

Andrewbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Adam013085

That is the TJ market. Unless you are lucky you won't find one in your price range rust and issue free.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's even worse up here. The ONLY TJs you can find for under $8K are complete rustbuckets.

Part of the reason I have an XJ.
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Adam013085

Not to mention the warmer months Jeeps tend to sell for more $. That is when everyone wants one. Wait a few months when the weather turns a bit colder and you may have a little more luck. With your price range you should be able to find a decent 4.0 YJ fairly rust free.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.