Jeep TJ Hardtop Rear window replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Jeep TJ Hardtop Rear window replacement

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
isaacGI23
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep TJ Hardtop Rear window replacement

Alright well first let me just say I am still semi new to Jeepforum, so I was not really sure where to post this, so sorry if this is the wrong area.

Anyhow I have a 2000 Jeep wrangler SE, when I bought it all it came with was a soft top, which was fine.. though after a couple off road sessions where it was caked in mud and sitting in 200 degree parking lots, and just general beatings it started to tear and fall apart. Anyway I got word that someone in my city was moving and planned on giving away there hardtop, so naturally I ran over and picked it up.

Now here is the part that matters. The hardtop is clearly a TJ hardtop and it fits my jeep perfectly, BUT there is no rear window because the original had shattered or something to that effect, I am not sure because it was that way when I got it. Anyhow I need the replacement glass for it, but there are two or three things I am not sure of.

1. Its a lift gate (The hard top had the little hydrolic poles and everything), meaning the glass lifts up and down, meaning it has to have something to click into, but my jeep tailgate is just flat metal.. what does the window click into? (Hopefully that made any sense)
2. There are replacement windows that look IDENTICAL but either for 97-02 model years or 03-06.. whats the difference?
3. I have no idea if the hardtop is aftermarket or what, I also have no idea what years its suppose to fit, though keep in mind it perfectly fits my 2000 wrangler.

Sorry about how long this post is, hopefully someone can make sense of it all and help me out.

isaacGI23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
isaacGI23
2000 TJ Wrangler 

http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u377/isaacgi23/

^That link will take you to a photo album I just made that has about 10 pictures of the hardtop on the jeep, figured they would help
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
isaacGI23
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh also, well I am rambling, what about plexi glass? Could I just cut out plexi glass to fit it and use that as a replacement and save my self $300?

Tags
hardtop , replacement , tj , window

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.