Jeep I am wanting to buy!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Jeep I am wanting to buy!!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
Mortifix

Jeep I am wanting to buy!!

There is a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2D/4WD TJ with 52,689 miles on it for sale at a Moss Motors around were I live. They are asking $15,800 I believe. The white is kind of dull and there is a few paint chips. The vehicle does have a nice lift (not sure, but maybe 4") and some O.K. tires. I am really thinking about buying this but the price seemed kind of high. On the website for the vehicle they have a thing posted that says CALL FOR PRICE but on the lot it was going for $15,800 so looks as though they are willing to negotiate. I am thinking of saying I will give them $13,000 and they pay for a new set of mud tires. I live in Louisiana if that makes a difference.

Mortifix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

well i would suggest going on KBB and figuring out what the dealer book price is and work the dealer from there.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortifix
There is a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2D/4WD TJ with 52,689 miles on it for sale at a Moss Motors around were I live. They are asking $15,800 I believe. The white is kind of dull and there is a few paint chips. The vehicle does have a nice lift (not sure, but maybe 4") and some O.K. tires. I am really thinking about buying this but the price seemed kind of high. On the website for the vehicle they have a thing posted that says CALL FOR PRICE but on the lot it was going for $15,800 so looks as though they are willing to negotiate. I am thinking of saying I will give them $13,000 and they pay for a new set of mud tires. I live in Louisiana if that makes a difference.
Look in Kelly Blue Book under 'used' prices. I always look at what the "dealer" cost price is and check it against the "Private Party" cost. You can also look at the "Trade In" cost to see close to what the dealer paid for the vehicle.

I never pay dealers price tag cost for a used vehicle and try to get it (at or below) the Private Party cost.

Do your homework and get the best price for YOU>>>>
Unread 12-17-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
StvDiego

Quote:
Well that might be a good price for your area. My main concern would be the lift. What kind is it, who put it on, did they do an SYE (possible vibes/T-case issues). Next concern would be the paint. When I see a vehicle that hasn't been taken care of on the outside I get concerned about the inside - of the engine. I would check the mechanicals carefully.

You never know, it might be a good deal. I've seen used Wranglers that people spent a fortune having lifts, bumpers and all sorts of high quality things installed and it never saw a minute off pavement. But then I've seen a whole lot more lifts and mods that left me wondering, what was he thinking?

Finally, be very, very, very, very sure it's not a flood vehicle!!! Run away if you have any doubts
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
Mortifix

Well im gonna get a carfax report and I will try to go by and take some pictures. I know you said look for vibes in the T-case, but what would I be listening for or feeling for? Anything else I should look for before buying?
Mortifix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well im gonna get a carfax report and I will try to go by and take some pictures. I know you said look for vibes in the T-case, but what would I be listening for or feeling for? Anything else I should look for before buying?
you would be feeling vibes at various speeds when your driving, trust me you would know what it was when it happened.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.