Jeep Cherokee Country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Jeep Cherokee Country

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREERuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 08-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep Cherokee Country

JF, I sold my 87 yj to find an xj. I decided to get one between 91-99, 99 being the best. I just found a 93 Cherokee country with 155k miles. They want almost $4k, KBB says it only worth $2k. If I go take a look at it and discover its in great shape (no rust, minor flaws..), whats the top dollar you would think its worth? Again, its a 93' Country XJ, 155k miles, auto, 4.0, navy blue in color with gold trim. Let me know, your opinion is much appreciated.

straightsixjeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Anything guys? Should I aim for a newer xj between 96-99 that has obd2, more power,...? Im going to check it out in an hour, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
jsparhwk
1999 XJ Cherokee 

95 and lower is the renix engine, 96 and up is the HO version of the i6 (pretty sure)
I believe the country had better stock suspension components that the sport ed.
I have a 99 and love it. bought a $80 odb2 scanner and easily diagnosed an air intake sensor problem.
I dont know how much the 93 is worth but for that kind of money I'd look for a newer model year, I had to look
for a while on craigslist and drove 2 hrs to get my 99' xj for under 3,000
jsparhwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

90 was the last year of the renix system, the country package is just trim and interior odds and ends. The up country is the one with the better suspension.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

What about a 98' with 170k miles. Looks mint, stick shift, 4.0, they want $2700. Would it be worth $2k with that many miles?
Unread 08-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be a little wary of the miles, but the I6 is very reliable. I'd want to be closer to 2k, assuming it's otherwise clean.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the reply Jason, im going to look in 30 minutes

Tags
xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.