Jeep Cherokee 60th Anniversary Edition - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Jeep Cherokee 60th Anniversary Edition

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
JeepNewbie

Jeep Cherokee 60th Anniversary Edition

Looking at buying a used Cherokee and saw a 60th Anv. Edition advertised. Couldn't find much about it other than the badge, wheels, etc. What I'm wondering is what it's based on. The Classic or Limited. Since it has he body colored bubers and flares I figured it can't be a Sport.

The ad didn't have much details other than AM/FM/Cassette, no CD. Sent email for more details but no answer yet.

The asking price is $4,999 with 113K. Looks good in the pics but so have the others I'v looked at. Amazing what some people consider "good condition".

KBB didn't list 60th so just trying to figure what to base value on.

Thanks

JeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's basically a Sport model with upgraded body molding/cladding (same color as the paint), upgraded wheels, a "special" pattern on the seats, 60th badges on the exterior, and floor mats that have the 60th emblem on them. They only came in silver or black. As far as I know, they built less black models which makes them a little rarer. My first Jeep was a silver 2001 Jeep Cherokee 60th Edition. My build sheet told me it was a sport model. It's just like the 2006 Jeep Models that were labeled the 65th Editions. Mine had 60,000 on it when I bought it. It was in fantastic shape (I haven't been able to find one cleaner), and I paid $9,500 from a dealership in 2005. They are very sharp looking Cherokees if they have been kept up on properly. I deeply regret selling mine as it was in excellent condition. I got $9,000 for it in 2007 when I traded it in. It had 92k on the clock.

Here are some pictures of the condition mine was in when I traded it (all extras were removed prior to trade):

Other pictures of mine:

Diabloangelz69's photos and albums on webshots
Cherokee60th's photos and albums on webshots

There is one for sale on the forum that I think is in great condition from the one picture that is posted:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...ann-ed-851417/

Good luck!

White Jeep Club Member #808

My Build Thread
Diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
01blackout
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Also if it's Anything like the wrangler 60th then it has a d44 in the rear
Unread 01-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
Diabl0
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blackout View Post

Nope. Mine had a D35 rear. The 60th package on the Cherokee didn't give you an upgraded rear.

White Jeep Club Member #808

My Build Thread
Diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blackout View Post
D35 because they had ABS on them.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
01blackout
2000 XJ Cherokee 

well i guess i learn something new everday lol
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
AEVCherokee

To answer your question. I own a 2001 60th Anniversary Cherokee I bought from the first owner that I have the window sticker. This Jeep is like new with 100,000 miles on the clock. It was too good of deal to pass up with a perfect Carfax in nowhere Oklahoma (Zero Rust Anywhere) Chalk markings still on the undercarrage! This Jeep has no ABS and had a Dana 35C. This Jeep is completely bone stock I use for work. I did blew up the rear axle how I will never know. Replaced it with a Dana 44 with disc brakes. I just wish I could include a picture of it here. I own three Cherokees.

Last edited by AEVCherokee; 04-08-2010 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Spelling
AEVCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.