In the near future, I will be buying a project vehicle for my two sons and I to rebuild. I started looking at jeeps because I have always liked the look, they are small enough to put on a trailer, will not leave the garage bursting at the seams and parts are widely available/inexpensive. However, there are so many different variations available; I am not sure what to buy. So, I thought I would ask the pro's! I hope you guys will take the time to help me out.
Below is a list of things I am looking for in my new jeep. Thanks.
- Good availability of parts, both stock and after-market.
- must be 79 or older. Preferably a 75 model. That's the year I was born!
- must need a lot of work. I want to do the build from the fame up with my boys.
- will be used mostly off-road so gas mileage is not really a concern. We do a lot of camping and fishing in Colorado.
- No Cherokee’s or four door types.