Which Jeep to buy delima (Wrangler Unlimited or Liberty) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Which Jeep to buy delima (Wrangler Unlimited or Liberty)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
ck40711

Which Jeep to buy delima (Wrangler Unlimited or Liberty)

I have a Ford truck with $117,000 miles that I am getting ready to have to put money into for new tires. . . and think it might be time to trade and get something else.
I know I don't want another truck and like the look of the Wranger Unlimited. However I have a 50 mile a day commute (total) so gas mileage is a factor. I am not into the off roading and customizations that most people looking to get a Wrangler are into. I have a deer lease but just need decent ground clearance. . . not a 4x4 Rubicon.
With all that said, I am debating between a 4x2 Wrangler Unlimited Sport and a 4x2 Liberty? What do you think. . . I don't like how the Liberty's looks compared to the WU and feel like its more of a girl car, but its a very practical choice for my everyday driving needs. And while I know most people on this forum will blast me for considering a 4x2 Wrangler, again its practical for my needs.

What are your thoughts as Jeep owners on those two?

Also when is the best time of year to buy a new Jeep if you are looking to pay cash (do they discount them more at certain times of the year)?

Thanks for any feedback.

Casey

ck40711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
wrangler97
Overbuild

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I like the Wrangler Unlimited, it feels like a Jeep. I'm not sure what the difference in mileage is between the two, so I won't comment there. If you're looking for a good deal; check out craigslist or eBay. Not new, but it will save a lot of money. Wish I could help more.

...I still can't grasp not having 4x4.... on a jeep..... or living here....
1997 Wrangler 6cyl 5-spd; 4" short arm, 35X12.50's: White Jeep Club Member #95
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats"
wrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

why not keep the ford and buy a ten to fithteen year old 4wd for the camp. have best of both worlds
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liberty , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.