Jeep - Bad Quality, Horrible Customer Service - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Jeep - Bad Quality, Horrible Customer Service

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
fbilotta

Jeep - Bad Quality, Horrible Customer Service

I would like to share my horror story with Jeep quality and customer service. Prior to purchasing your new Jeep be aware that Jeep will not stand behind warranties. Even when your NEW vehicle has a roof that leaks in the rain leaving you with a stinky, wet, water damaged vehicle for the remainder of the vehicles life.

I purchased a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee new in 2010. Shortly after purchasing the vehicle, the roof began leaking through every time it rained. The vehicle was brought in for repair and about a week later it rained again. The roof had not been repaired and I was forced to start the process of repairing the vehicle all over again. And again. And again…

Each time it rained I was forced to bring the vehicle in for repair to have more adjustments made to the sunroof and to have the roof upholstery replaced. After repeating this repair over 15 times over the course of a year, the Jeep dealership let me know that “…the sunroof will not allow water in form some time, but it is still not sitting right. You will most likely face the leaking issue again in the future”.

Jeep ECS (enhanced customer service) program offered a lifetime warranty on my vehicle since the dealership was not confident the repair was complete. At the time the lifetime warranty was issued I requested to receive this information in writing, which jeep refused to provide. Jeep instructed that when the vehicle is brought to any Jeep dealership the VIN number would be associated with the lifetime warranty.

Now, about one year later I need to have yet another repair. Turns the representative in the Enhanced Customer Program did not apply the warranty to my vehicle like the representative led me to believe. Jeep is now refusing to honor their warranty and stand behind their customer who has not yet been able to enjoy their new vehicle.

A three year old vehicle has spent just about as much time in the shop as it has on the road. Go ahead and buy a Jeep if you are in the market for a stinky, wet, water damaged vehicle backed by an unethical, conniving company.

fbilotta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
jeepowner1224
2004 LJ Wrangler 

should should have buy a real car, not a soccer mother van
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
quietas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepowner1224
should should have buy a real car, not a soccer mother van
Troll here often?

As to quality my 94 Grand Chreokee finally blew the transmission last year. First year it was offered and it lasted a mere 18 years and 275k miles. Bear in mind that this was the original transmission, v8 engine, and almost everything factory stock. A friend bought it from the dealer I traded it in to for a mere $250, put a new transfer case and transmission in it and is now past 300k miles.

As for the warranty, that is indeed screwed up, but there should have been a receipt or some document stating that the warranty was paid for and applied. Hell, I'd pull credit card statements and insist they look up transactions to match.
quietas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

How many times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbilotta View Post
I would like to share my horror story with Jeep quality and customer service. Prior to purchasing your new Jeep be aware that Jeep will not stand behind warranties. Even when your NEW vehicle has a roof that leaks in the rain leaving you with a stinky, wet, water damaged vehicle for the remainder of the vehicles life.

I purchased a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee new in 2010. Shortly after purchasing the vehicle, the roof began leaking through every time it rained. The vehicle was brought in for repair and about a week later it rained again. The roof had not been repaired and I was forced to start the process of repairing the vehicle all over again. And again. And again…

Each time it rained I was forced to bring the vehicle in for repair to have more adjustments made to the sunroof and to have the roof upholstery replaced. After repeating this repair over 15 times over the course of a year, the Jeep dealership let me know that “…the sunroof will not allow water in form some time, but it is still not sitting right. You will most likely face the leaking issue again in the future”.

Jeep ECS (enhanced customer service) program offered a lifetime warranty on my vehicle since the dealership was not confident the repair was complete. At the time the lifetime warranty was issued I requested to receive this information in writing, which jeep refused to provide. Jeep instructed that when the vehicle is brought to any Jeep dealership the VIN number would be associated with the lifetime warranty.

Now, about one year later I need to have yet another repair. Turns the representative in the Enhanced Customer Program did not apply the warranty to my vehicle like the representative led me to believe. Jeep is now refusing to honor their warranty and stand behind their customer who has not yet been able to enjoy their new vehicle.

A three year old vehicle has spent just about as much time in the shop as it has on the road. Go ahead and buy a Jeep if you are in the market for a stinky, wet, water damaged vehicle backed by an unethical, conniving company.
Are you going to spam this site with this crap of yours. Ban him and his IP address.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Frankly I do not believe any of your story. I have had absolutely nothing but good experiences with ALL my Jeeps, including a Cherokee, 5 Wranglers and 4 CJ's. Every warranty issue was resolved with no problem and I would never hesitate to buy another....Hater gon' hate, I guess.....

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I don't believe it went in fifteen time for the exact same repair.
Unread 07-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
quietas

One post and no response after the negative replies?

15 repairs could be a rough number, but most dealers would replace as much as possible before throwing that much labor at what should be a simple fix.
quietas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
Are you going to spam this site with this crap of yours. Ban him and his IP address.
just for kicks I did a quick search and it does seem this post is coming up in face book and in Chrysler forum. an axe to grind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.