ISO - 6 cylinder w/ Lift and Off Road tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > ISO - 6 cylinder w/ Lift and Off Road tires

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
AverageGuyGolf1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

ISO - 6 cylinder w/ Lift and Off Road tires

I am new to the jeep world and thinking of getting one as a second vehicle. I live near Annapolis, MD, but would travel to pick up if I find a good deal. I am looking for something in the $3,500 - $4k range that is in decent shape, lifted, and has off road tires on it. Is this unreasonable, every time I find a good one on craigslist I go look at it and it looks like the pictures must have been from 10 years ago because it is falling apart.

If you have anything or know of anyone please let me know.

Thanks guys. I am excited to own a jeep for the first time.

Chris

AverageGuyGolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuyGolf1 View Post
I am new to the jeep world and thinking of getting one as a second vehicle. I live near Annapolis, MD, but would travel to pick up if I find a good deal. I am looking for something in the $3,500 - $4k range that is in decent shape, lifted, and has off road tires on it. Is this unreasonable, every time I find a good one on craigslist I go look at it and it looks like the pictures must have been from 10 years ago because it is falling apart.

If you have anything or know of anyone please let me know.

Thanks guys. I am excited to own a jeep for the first time.

Chris
You can probably find a 4 cylinder YJ with some rust for that price. Anything decent will cost 6k+ in the mid-atlantic region.
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
AverageGuyGolf1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4004741212.html

Thoughts on that? High mileage at 198k but in good condition minus rust spots on the fender. He said he would let it go for $,3700
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Adam013085

I didnt read the entire ad but $3700 is a good price for a 4.0 YJ unless it is full of rust.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
AverageGuyGolf1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
I didnt read the entire ad but $3700 is a good price for a 4.0 YJ unless it is full of rust.
Even with 198k on it? My question is this is a secind fun car. Beach gilf course bad winter car, that I can just jump in and out of. I dont have money to put into figure if I spend 4k and it last two to three years id get my moneys worth.

thoughts?
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
Adam013085

A Yj is not for you if you don't want to put $ into fixing it now and then. But with your budget you will have a hard time finding something you won't need to throw $ at every now and then
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
BuffaWrangler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks pretty good to me, as long as it isn't hiding a ton of rust. If the mods that he describes are accurate, he did them the right way. $3700, and take all the extras he' s offering. (even the 37 inch tires, which you can probably sell if they're decent)
BuffaWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
AverageGuyGolf1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaWrangler View Post
Looks pretty good to me, as long as it isn't hiding a ton of rust. If the mods that he describes are accurate, he did them the right way. $3700, and take all the extras he' s offering. (even the 37 inch tires, which you can probably sell if they're decent)
Thanks man, are you from Buffalo? I am from Maryland but a HUGE Bills fans.
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #9
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
But with your budget you will have a hard time finding something you won't need to throw $ at every now and then
This is the big problem. You're trying to get the best engine, already lifted with big tires, and expect no work needed. All at a cheapskate's budget.

There just aren't that many deals like that out there.

That YJ price is pretty well on target. Even with the miles.

If you want something newer, nicer, and have the ability to just jump in it, drive it whenever you want without putting much thought into it, be prepared to pay more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
AverageGuyGolf1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
This is the big problem. You're trying to get the best engine, already lifted with big tires, and expect no work needed. All at a cheapskate's budget.

There just aren't that many deals like that out there.

That YJ price is pretty well on target. Even with the miles.

If you want something newer, nicer, and have the ability to just jump in it, drive it whenever you want without putting much thought into it, be prepared to pay more.
You are right that is exactly what I am trying to do. Like I said it's a second vehicle and not a necessity so i am just going to sit back and wait for a deal i am comfortable with.

I am sure once I get the jeep the bug will get me and I will want to add things to it to make it my own.

Who knows this used jeep might be the thing that makes my next new car be a brand new jeep.

I am just going off deals I have seen sold on craigslist, I guess it's hard to buy a modified jeep going off KBB because of all the extras.

But craigslist has a ton of 6 cylinders on it in my area ranging from 3500, just gotta find the best one for me.
Unread 08-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck. If your patient you may find what you want. It took me months of searching to find the ones I purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.