I'm looking to buy a 2007 or newer 4 door jk input? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > I'm looking to buy a 2007 or newer 4 door jk input?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 08-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
jeepersmr

I'm looking to buy a 2007 or newer 4 door jk input?

I am looking to buy a 4 door wrangler. I do not have anything real special I am looking to buy meaning doesn't maker sport, sahara, rubicon. I have a few friends that have them and the few things i was told would be really nice is auto windows and locks. just much more convenient. I am looking for something with a lift 3-4 inch. I am looking to put some pizzacutter tires 255/85/16. I will be using it mainly for driving to work with some occasional play. anyone else want to chime in on things I should maybe want to consider. I am looking to spend under 20k with lower miles. thanks
If anyone has any comments or knows of someone selling let me know .

jeepersmr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

trouble with those size tires is they are all "E "rated. make a very hard ride on Jk.

3-4 inch lift is getting into needing drive lines and the lifts must be complete. High steer kits; at 3" and up Will help the roll center and have better handling. gets much more expensive to do right at 4"

They don't make 33x9.5x15 anymore unless you want Interco. I think they still make the real pizza cutters.
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
jeepersmr

lift?

whats the biggest lift i could put on a 4 door without having to add other things besides just the lift? and what are the biggest tires you can fit under that?
jeepersmr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
mjp83
2006 LJ Wrangler 

As far as running gear and keeping the axles centered under the jeep, a three inch lift will be fairly complete, and place no real stress on your driveline. I have a tf coil lift with spares, so 2.5 plus .75 for about 3.25 inches of lift. It rides really well.

The real money comes from having to regear. I did run my 3.8 l jku Sahara for a while with the 35's, but quickly decided to regear to 5.13's in the tune of $1600,!

You can fit 33's with no lift, but they look better with a 2 inch budget boost, or even a one inch body lift. And you will be borderline with needing gears. A rubi will not need gears with 33's, as it has 4.11 from the factory(2007 to 2011).
mjp83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.