I need advice on this XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > I need advice on this XJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
VNilla
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I need advice on this XJ

So I've been looking around for XJ's for a little while now. I found this one on Craigslist and it seems pretty good. It's an 01 so obviously I'd have to make sure that the engine hasn't overheated and check for rust. But it looks pretty good. $8,000 is definitely too much though but give me your advice. Thanks

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4266406922.html

VNilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
pinaplebob

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't touch that thing, even for half that price. It looks beat, and a lot of damage is hidden by black armor and paint. Mileage is about the only good thin in my mind.
pinaplebob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe 2000 at most, too much damage
joeydominick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
VNilla
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Alright alright that one is out.

What about this one? http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4307672800.html It needs fixing but it looks good and it's a great year.

Or this one. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...56825894&Log=0

But that one looks pretty good too. I think a 6.5 lift is a little much for me but I don't really know what I want.
VNilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:26 AM   #5
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

With that lift, there's probably a lot more worn out. Or parts that need replaced. You don't even know if it was done correctly
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #6
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The 3rd one seems over priced, 3 pop is more reasonable
Unread 02-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Unless you are an expert, stay away from lifts of any kind. Especially one that exceeds 3". You don't know the quality of hardware nor the expertise of the installer. More than likely you are going to end up with something that is someone else's problem and all but undriveable over 40mph. Look for something unmodified and bone stock with NO rust of any kind anywhere. You need a lot of education on what to look for when purchasing this type of vehicle. Go through this forum carefully and get all the info you can before jumping to Craigslist to purchase a Jeep.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.