How much should I ask for my jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > How much should I ask for my jeep?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
AnonymousD
1992 YJ Wrangler 

How much should I ask for my jeep?

I'm going to have to sell my jeep soon. I don't want to but I need to. It's in decent shape. It needs to be painted for sure. It's got a few dings. No rust though. It needs a new front DS because I lost mine on the interstate. It leaks oil from the valve cover and pushes it back up on the air filter. That's the biggest issue. And it needs to have the signal lever/wiper lever assembly changed. I have all the parts for that. Just no time or a place to do it now.

Now for the good. It's got some BFG 35 inch tired on it. Pretty much 85% tread. And a Rubicon express 4 inch lift and some 1 inch shackles. It's got a SYE and a Tom woods DS. Mileage is unknow as the odometer is broken. It's also got a new replacement exhaust. It served me well for the few years I used it as my daily driver. Never left me stranded. It's also got an aftermarket bumper with hella 500 fog lights, and some hella 500 driving lights on the windshield. It's also got a relatively new BestTop SuperTop with tinted windows. It needs new upper door windows though. They are old and the zippers are broken.

So how much should I ask for it?

AnonymousD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousD View Post
I'm going to have to sell my jeep soon. I don't want to but I need to. It's in decent shape. It needs to be painted for sure. It's got a few dings. No rust though. It needs a new front DS because I lost mine on the interstate. It leaks oil from the valve cover and pushes it back up on the air filter. That's the biggest issue. And it needs to have the signal lever/wiper lever assembly changed. I have all the parts for that. Just no time or a place to do it now.
IMO you should replace the drive shaft, fix the valve cover and get all of the oil off of the motor, and fix the turn signal switch. None of those are that big of a job, and you have all of the stuff to do it. The valve cover takes about an hour, if all you have to do is bolt the drive shaft in that takes 30 minutes at most, and the turn signal switch takes 2 hours at most.

Even if you priced it reasonably, taking into account everything it needs the person who buys it is going to try to talk you down a couple hundred dollars for the little things, even if you gave them the box of parts.

Jeep prices fluctuate like crazy with season and location, so the best thing to do is to just get on Craigslist and see what similar Jeeps are going for in your area.
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
95YamJam
1995 YJ Wrangler 

No matter what you would say as a buyer I would assume driveline issues with no front shaft. Just my opinion.

In my area I would say if you fixed the shaft, you could get 5k + assuming no frame rust.
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
Adam013085

compare it to CL ads as suggested. You will get prices from 2k-7k on this forum based on location. Also it depends on if you have the 4 or 6 cyl. 6 will go for 1k-1500 more at least I would say.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.