Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong area of the forum, but I figured since I'm not actually selling anything (yet) I shouldn't put it in the sale section.
I'm thinking about selling my TJ and getting something a bit more practical but still trail worthy (need more space inside and automatic). Currently the two top contenders are a 4-door JK or a Toyota FJ Cruiser, which we'll likely be buying new within the next 2-3 months.
I want to sell my TJ privately since it's had a lot of work done to it and the dealers' trade in offers only reflect prices for a stock vehicle. Also, it's painted zebra striped... which may or may not be a selling point!
. I have no idea how much I should be asking for this as a private sale, and would be grateful if a few people could chime in with ball park figures.
It's a 2001 TJ sport 4l 6cy with approx. 140,000 miles on it. The engine and transmission (manual) are fine, everything works except the A/C (which probably has a leak in it somewhere but I haven't been bothered to pay someone to fix it since if it's warm I just take the top off). Here is a list of additional mods:
- 3" BDS suspension w/ Bilstein shocks (installed about 8 months ago) + .75" spacers
- 1" MORE body lift
- 1" Brown Dog motor mount lift
- 33" Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac x5 mounted on Cragar Soft 8s
- JKS adjustable front track bar
- Borla cat back exhaust
- Bushwacker flat fender flares
- Upgraded headlights & clear turn signals
- Stereo w/ subwoofer & Polk Audio speakers
- Vinyl seat covers
- Custom bumpers/armour. These were fabricated by the auto shop at my hubby's work. Includes: rear bumper/tyre carrier with tow hitch, 2 shackles, trail rack and mounts for 2 jerry cans; front bumper with tow hitch, winch mount, 2 shackles & Hella driving lights mounted; rocker guards with tube steps; engine skid plate and gas tank skid.
- Interior is Herculiner'd, exterior is zebra striped (proper auto paint + clearcoat... not the most smooth paint job in the world, but was done with a paint gun/compressor, not rattlecans)
I'm sure there's more... it's been my baby for the last 7 years or so, but it's becoming impractical and painful to drive with a messed up knee. Plus, my hubby hates it
BTW, there is a picture in my profile which shows mostly what it looks like if anyone is interested. The suspension and fender flares have changed since that picture was taken (it had a 2.5" lift on back then).