How much is my 2000 Jeep Wrangler worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > How much is my 2000 Jeep Wrangler worth?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
dcquick

How much is my 2000 Jeep Wrangler worth?

I apologize for posting this here. But I didn't know where else to post it. I'm not trying to sell anything on here. I am just looking for some advice from some people who know Jeeps & what they're talking about.

The frame rusted out on my 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport. It had one owner before me. I have all of the service records and she was taken care of. Was taken off-road once in a while to keep the 4x4 in working order. It's just that the harsh New York winters have taken a toll on her. The salt they use on the roads did a number on it.

-It has around 135,000 miles, engine and transmission. (4.0L, V6, Automatic) It runs just fine.
-New front tires.
-Soft top has never been used, still in the back.
-Replacement Front Fender, still in the box.

The only signs of rust on the body are around the back hatch, the hinges and the front fender that I have a replacement for.

It sucks and I really don't want to sell it. It was such an awesome vehicle for me. So many memories. But I have to try and offset the cost of a new(er) vehicle. I was thinking about putting a price tag on it for $1,600. Is it too high or not enough?

dcquick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

In my way of thinking you should be able to get $1600 for it just as a parts vehicle, which frankly is probably all it is really good for. The new top, near-new tires, etc. are all worth money. A new frame is an option, but a major operation I wouldn't want to take on.
WDNewman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
dcquick

Yeah, a new frame is something I do not have the time or resources for. I just don't want to have to part it out either. I'd rather sell it as it is. Just trying to make sure I sell it for what it's worth and not cut myself short.
dcquick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.