How much can I get for my Jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > How much can I get for my Jeep?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
natebutterfield

How much can I get for my Jeep?

We are trying to get a house and we need to sell my husband's Jeep. Here is the listing, I think the price is too high. What is a more realistic price? My husband put a lot into his jeep but it has high mileage (114k).
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3860739087.html

natebutterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Adam013085

Yeah that is a pretty steep price. Upgrades add little resale value to the Jeep. I would say you are at least $5k too high or so. It is a 7 year old jeep with 114k miles. Im sure it is nice but you can get a 2012 or 13 for a few thousand more than you are asking. Depends on how fast you want to sell it. Id probably put it at 17-18k and see if anyone bites.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

15000 is more realistic, unless you find someone that wants all those upgrades, they really don't mean much
joeydominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Tdog02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's sad that when selling your rig everyone will tell you the mods don't add value. That rig is awesome and does look great. If you advertise far and wide you may find the right buyer for your price. However, the ones wanting to buy will most likely need financing and would get a new one. The lower the price the quicker it sells. Realistically I think 16 to 16.5 would be what you could get. That's just my opinion. Do you have any consignment car lots you could use in your area? Craigslist will get you a lot of exposure but most will try to low ball you.
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

The miles killed the kbb value. if it had say 35K on it kbb has it at 22K but with 117000 miles 14500. If it was a Rubicon it would add more as well. So to get over kbb you need to sell to someone that wants what ever was done to this. But to be rubicon like and not detail in the add wont help. It needs locks front and back and be selectable. it needs 4:1 Rubi transfer box at least, HpD44 front min or its not even close to a Rubi in value. So if it has these added things then you might be close in at 19.

new one is 6k more for a bone stocker, but the new ones have almost 300hp too. A better auto add on 1.3k

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.