How has your buying experience been? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > How has your buying experience been?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Boady
2012 JK Wrangler 

How has your buying experience been?

So far my Jeep buying experience has not been something I'd cheer about. I began with USAA and immediately got calls from many dealerships. I found a Flame Red Rubicon in Washington that had most of what I wanted. I won't mention names (Dick Hannah). I told them I had pre-approved financing from my credit union. After the initial call the salesperson did not return any of my phone calls. I had a couple of questions. First, I wanted to know how much it would cost to have them install a 3.5 Mopar lift. Second, the Jeep had the 430N radio and I wanted to know if they could upgrade it to the 730N. Both times I called and asked the sales person. I strongly requested they contact me by phone. Both times I had to call at least a second time and received the answer a couple days later via email. Once I called and asked to speak to my sales person and they said she was out for the day. I called back two minutes later and she answered the phone. At the beginning I had told the dealer I wanted the Jeep either way and I was willing to place a deposit to hold it. We played phone/email tag for almost two weeks. Finally I asked why we hadn't started the financing? I told them again I wanted it. The next day they sent me a very generic email saying "Currently the only Rubicons we have for sale are the Modern Warfare Edition and we have no more coming in the near future". Maybe I'm wrong but I felt a call explaining what happened would have been more appropriate.

I dumped them and went with a local dealer. There were no Flame Red Rubicons available so I ordered one in early May. I expected a phone call every couple of weeks with an update. After 3 weeks of waiting I called the dealer for an update and he made me feel like I was harassing him.

Since then I quit calling them. I researched the forums and learned about 877-IAM-JEEP. It's a great resource once you have your VON or partial VIN. You just give them your name and VON and they tell you where your jeep is on the assembly line. They have usually provided more information than the website jeeps provides you.

One question, I asked my dealership if I could exchange my wheels for the black ones that come on the Modern Warfare Edition. They told me "No". Is that really an unreasonable request?

Boady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The black rims are invoiced to the Call of Duty JK/JKU. So they really can't switch them. BUT could offer the them to you as a accessory and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Boady
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks R U STUCK For your Jeep Buying Guide

It has answered a lot of questions for me. I recommend it for anyone looking at buying a Jeep!!

I asked about the MW3 wheels because I had heard of someone else getting a set of those wheels thrown in. My guess is they came in after someone bought a MW3 and changed out the wheels.

I'm buying my Jeep using the USAA car buying program. Since they are making hardly any profit from it I guess I shouldn't expect much other than the Jeep.
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Make sure you tell USAA about the experience with the first dealer. Enough complaints and they can be removed...of course...all still Zag network.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
FV9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boady View Post
So far my Jeep buying experience has not been something I'd cheer about. I began with USAA and immediately got calls from many dealerships. I found a Flame Red Rubicon in Washington that had most of what I wanted. I won't mention names (Dick Hannah). I told them I had pre-approved financing from my credit union. After the initial call the salesperson did not return any of my phone calls. I had a couple of questions. First, I wanted to know how much it would cost to have them install a 3.5 Mopar lift. Second, the Jeep had the 430N radio and I wanted to know if they could upgrade it to the 730N. Both times I called and asked the sales person. I strongly requested they contact me by phone. Both times I had to call at least a second time and received the answer a couple days later via email. Once I called and asked to speak to my sales person and they said she was out for the day. I called back two minutes later and she answered the phone. At the beginning I had told the dealer I wanted the Jeep either way and I was willing to place a deposit to hold it. We played phone/email tag for almost two weeks. Finally I asked why we hadn't started the financing? I told them again I wanted it. The next day they sent me a very generic email saying "Currently the only Rubicons we have for sale are the Modern Warfare Edition and we have no more coming in the near future". Maybe I'm wrong but I felt a call explaining what happened would have been more appropriate.

I dumped them and went with a local dealer. There were no Flame Red Rubicons available so I ordered one in early May. I expected a phone call every couple of weeks with an update. After 3 weeks of waiting I called the dealer for an update and he made me feel like I was harassing him.

Since then I quit calling them. I researched the forums and learned about 877-IAM-JEEP. It's a great resource once you have your VON or partial VIN. You just give them your name and VON and they tell you where your jeep is on the assembly line. They have usually provided more information than the website jeeps provides you.

One question, I asked my dealership if I could exchange my wheels for the black ones that come on the Modern Warfare Edition. They told me "No". Is that really an unreasonable request?
No bueno. I live in Vancouver, WA and have heard some "stories" about that dealership. However, I do not have any experience with it myself, so they may just be that. Stories. Anyhow, there used to be a sales manager on this board with Dick Hannah who was giving screaming deals back in 2008/2009. Guess he's not here anymore. Too bad as it sounded like he was really taking care of people. I'll see if I can dig up his name.
FV9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Boady
2012 JK Wrangler 

RobPlumm,
I do need to let them know about my experience. I had talked to the sales manager about the situation and at first he sounded like he was going to kick some butt and take names. The next day when I called his attitude had changed. He said "It was one of those things that just happen".

FV9,
No worries,

The manager I spoke with was Shawn Leafdahl. He emailed me and told me he would be happy to order a Jeep for me since they were out of stock. I have to say it felt really good to tell him I had already ordered one through a different dealership. It's supposed to arrive any day. A Flame Red Rubicon Unlimited
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
shinningchristy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hello R U STUCK,

You experience looks a great one with lot of efforts. I have a Jeep which was bought by my Dad. So ,haven't had any real experience with buying it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.