How is the 2010 Liberty on towing a boat? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > How is the 2010 Liberty on towing a boat?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
theinbredfish

How is the 2010 Liberty on towing a boat?

Sorry if this has already been addressed in another post. But, I wasn't able to find one quite yet. Here is my question:

I am looking to buy a 2010 Jeep Liberty to tow my Bass Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW boat but I am concerns about the safety and ability of the Liberty to handle it safely on long trips. The specs for the boat are:

Trailer length: 19' 7"
Dry Boat weight: 1706 lbs
Appr. Wet weight: 2,300 lbs

I am looking at getting the 2010 Liberty Sport 4x4 with:

3.7 Liter V6
Trailer Tow Class 3 Group - capable of towing up to 5,000 lbs.
Selec-Trac 2 Active Full time 4WD System (do i really need it?)
18" wheels (better traction?)

Will the Liberty be able to handle the load on a highway without straining the engine too much? Also, I read that wheelbase on this vehicle is a bit small for a nearly 20 ft trailer. I really do not want to create a wag the dog situation.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

theinbredfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat , liberty , towing

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.