Honest Opinions Please !!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Honest Opinions Please !!!!

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 12-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
MEBDRB

Honest Opinions Please !!!!

Ok, here is the deal....I currently have a fiberglass dunebuggy that is street legal but also setup for off roading. I have been thinking about buying a Jeep because where we live where we have a definite 4 season year, and with the buggy there is no heat or full top. I posed this question to one of the buggy forums I am on and all I got was "jeeps are this and that Blah, blah, blah"....I won't go into it.

Question to you guys is, and I know I have to decide for myself, but input is nice considering I have never owned one, do you think somebody who enjoys off roading would get enough use out of one to justify the purchase price, insurance, tabs, emissions, and maintenance.

I am looking for something to use around town as a sometimes driver and be able to go in the Fall, Winter and spring when it is cold and rainy, up to the woods to trail run. No crawling rocks or anything to serious just take the wife and dog and a lunch and go have fun.

I have been looking at SOME CJ's and mostly YJ's cause they are in my price range, I am currently talking to someone with a 92 YJ 4.0, AT that has a 4" lift and nice wheels and tires. It is a pretty nice Jeep for our needs and when I was younger would have just done it, now it seems I think about things more and wanted to do some research before I bought. I don't want to buy and have it just sit around and cost me money to insure etc...and not use it....so how much do you guy's actually use your Jeeps for just having fun.

I know long post......but thanks for your time..

Darren

MEBDRB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

well if your wanting a good winter vehicle just for mellow trails as your describing why not look into the XJ? it will keep you protected from the elements along with be a very capable trail rig.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
MEBDRB

Good point Kyle, but I will be using it as a play toy in the nice weather sometimes and Like the idea of being able to take the top off. I guess I am just being undeciseive,(sp) and should just make a decision and go with it...

Darren
MEBDRB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

hah trust me there is many things to think about while getting a jeep and you seem to be doing a pretty good job at doing that. so it sounds like the wrangler is right for you.

personally i love the YJ's if i were to get a budget wrangler that is what i would get. you can find any part for it for little to nothing and they are very abundant around JY's

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.