Help me decide!!! 1998 - 2003 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Help me decide!!! 1998 - 2003

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 11-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Briguy4586

Help me decide!!! 1998 - 2003

Hello Everyone, I am new to the Jeep world and I have a big favor to ask of all of you. I am looking to buy a second hand Wrangler. I have roughly 7k to spend - Less is better. Miles don't worry me as much as rust and mechanical issues. I do not intend to take this Jeep off road much. Mainly in town driving and some occasional highway driving. This would not be my main driver. I don't need it lifted but would like to be able to maybe put 31s on it because I like the look of the bigger wheels. How big can I go before having to put a lift kit? I want full metal doors that you can wind the windows up and down. Soft top is fine. Auto or Manual, you tell me - which one is better. Prefer 6 cyl I think. Would a 4cyl be able to pull a family of four and a Jet ski on a two hour trip to the Pocono's? Can a 4 cyl handle bigger wheels and tires? I also would like to be able to fold the back seat up - I know some models do that. What models have the best aftermarket support? What models are know for mechanical issues? Any models better for avoiding rust? I am looking for a Wrangler between the years of 1998 - 2003 (2002 & 2003 being optimal). Not looking to do a lot of mods or upgrades. A local guy wants to sell his 2003 Wrangler Freedom for 7800. Has 135k and rebuilt transmission with one year warranty. No rust or so he claims. 2 year old soft top. Everything else is stock I believe. Good Price?? I apologize for being all over the place with my post. I appreciate any guidance you folks can give me and thanks in advance.

Briguy4586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Adam013085

The price for the 2003 is a pretty decent price as long as it is not rusted out and no hidden issues. You can put 31" tires on a nonlifted jeep. All other questions are something only you can answer and is personal preference. I would look for a 6 cylinder for a daily driver.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.