Help with JK-U order - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Help with JK-U order

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-11-2015, 09:39 AM   #1
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Help with JK-U order

Long time jeep owner and I am going to sell my daily driver and get back into a jeep full time. I have a nice lifted 2006 TJ Rubicon that I use for fun. This one will be more family-ish since I have 2 kids.

To start, I was just going to get another Rubicon. Some day I will lift this and have fun with it, but after talking with a buddy at the dealership, he said just get the Hard Rock and you will like it better. Price is pretty close. Let me know if you guys think different.

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited RUBICON HARD ROCK 4X4
430N (nav)
Air with auto temp control
3 Piece Freedom Hard top (No Soft Top)
Auto trans
Upgrade to 4.10 gearing
Max tow (only to tow my bass boat, I have an F350 to tow)

I did not order the Connectivity group for tire pressure. Is all that it does is monitor tire pressure for 170?

The top and fender flares are black and not body color. To me, that makes it a bit more retro. (I could be wrong)

Thinking of going with White for the color. Lots of contrast.

Please tell me your thoughts!

Unread 03-11-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
ultrabullit
2012 JK Wrangler 

I believe the connectivity group is what you need to plug in your iPod/iPhone. they will not work off the front USB port on the radio itself.
Unread 03-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
cabech984
2015 JK Wrangler 

Just purchased a 2015 Hard Rock last week. My window sticker doesn't show the $170 connectivity group and I have tpms monitoring on my EVIC. I have a nearly identical build as what you're looking for too(minus auto hvac and add remote start).

When I was looking into custom ordering, my Dealer told me that the $170 connectivity group wasn't selectable as an option on their custom order sheet. The Jeep site shows it as a selectable option, but they also show the base 430 radio as an option but was also informed that it's unavailable on the Rubicon and Hard Rock. Take it for what it's worth. I can go try an Ipod/Ipad in the usb ports and see how it works, I also have the 430N radio.

As far as the fender flares and roof color, to each their own. I personally dislike the body color flares, but think the body color top can look nice, especially with some aftermarket flares. I got the non-painted stuff, which looks nice on mine(Firecracker Red)
cabech984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The dealer said nothing about the connectivity in ordering, its only online and it says online its for TPMS and other in dash stuff.

I hope its just an issue online.
Unread 03-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #5
cabech984
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISurvivedNMU View Post
The dealer said nothing about the connectivity in ordering, its only online and it says online its for TPMS and other in dash stuff.

I hope its just an issue online.
Also, I believe that the ipod is typically hooked up through the included USB port in the center console. I don't have anything with music on it or I'd try it out.
Unread 03-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
ultrabullit
2012 JK Wrangler 

I could be wrong in what I said above but I remember a thread on here last week talking about the iPhone and the connectivity group. Basically if I remember correctly from the thread the connectivity group has the interpreter box for communication between the radio and phone.
Unread 03-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #7
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I thought connectivity group basically meant Bluetooth. Mine has the group and includes a USB in the console, a phone button on the steering wheel and the radio toggles on the back of the steering wheel. I can also stream music over Bluetooth. Oddly enough, I've never been in an '11 and newer JK without the connectivity group so I'm not real sure what the Jeep will or won't do without it.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

The connectivity group is the TPMS and EVIC system, on my 2013 it also listed the UConnect Voice w/ Bluetooth and the remote USB (console). It might have been standardized in later years. Easiest check is find one without connectivity and peek in the console for USB, and on the steering for the voice command button.

The EVIC is handy for some basic info like exterior temp, radio, nav turn-by-turn (if NAV radio installed) but i find it mostly aesthetic, especially after replacing the radio.
Air with Auto Temp is VERY timid. I find myself setting it to manual because the auto control tends to only use the defrost vent on low to do anything.

MSRP from Rubicon to Hardrock varies by almost $5k, I would double check his pricing if you are talking items already on the lot. If you are getting him to order what you want, like i did, get exactly what you want.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

I believe the hard rock trim has the connectivity as standard. I am having my Rubicon built so I would have to check the build sheet. Yours is very much the same as mine. I ordered the body color hard top, and soft top. Good luck with it and post some pics when you get it!!
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demp View Post
The connectivity group is the TPMS and EVIC system, on my 2013 it also listed the UConnect Voice w/ Bluetooth and the remote USB (console). It might have been standardized in later years. Easiest check is find one without connectivity and peek in the console for USB, and on the steering for the voice command button.

The EVIC is handy for some basic info like exterior temp, radio, nav turn-by-turn (if NAV radio installed) but i find it mostly aesthetic, especially after replacing the radio.
Air with Auto Temp is VERY timid. I find myself setting it to manual because the auto control tends to only use the defrost vent on low to do anything.

MSRP from Rubicon to Hardrock varies by almost $5k, I would double check his pricing if you are talking items already on the lot. If you are getting him to order what you want, like i did, get exactly what you want.
Thanks, I am ordering, so many of the options I would put in the Rubicon are standard on the Hard Rock. That brings the price much closer.
Unread 03-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
cabech984
2015 JK Wrangler 

Just put a couple songs on my daughters ipad and the 430n reads the ipad/ipod through the usb in the center console, didn't read through the one built into the head unit. Hope this clarifies the connectivity issue!

I ordered a hard rock because the price difference between what I wanted and ordered was less than $2500. Since I really was aiming for a custom order and the dealer found one with more options than I was going to build, I got them down to roughly 1/2 the cost of the additional options(430n, tow pkg, remote start). I'm happy with all of the extras that I got. Wouldve definitely skipped their tow package though but thats just me!
Unread 03-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #12
Spank
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'd get the Connectivity Group, but drop the 430N and get the 130S. I still argue the OEM navigation units that come in the Wrangler aren't worth the price and your cellphone will do the job 10x better. What's the price on the 430N? $1,400ish?

It's too bad Jeep didn't put the newer UConnect 8 inch systems in the Wrangler when they refreshed the interior.
Unread 03-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #13
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

430N is 800-ish..... 730N or 830N is 1600 ish... I am talking my pricing on it.
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #14
V-Powered
2007 JK Wrangler 

Watching this thread also as I will be ordering soon! I had thought (maybe incorrectly) that the 430 included blue-tooth allowing ipod/phone integration without wires...and that the connectivity was only for tire pressure, ect too. And the 730 does everything the 430 does, but was also inclusive of TRAFFIC on the Navi and a couple small other things. I was going to go with the 430 just for this reason, as I love to connect my phone wirelessly with my other car. Looks like i need to research this more again..
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #15
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Moved from JK tech.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.