Help with buying jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Help with buying jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 11-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Grantrussell13

Help with buying jeep

I'm looking to buy a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 45,191 miles. the seller said its automatic with a 4.0L Engine, Loaded; cruise control, power windows/locks/mirrors/seats/ Leather, Infinity Gold Sound,Remote Start,Factory Alarm. He's asking $4,300 for it, blue book says its $3,110 in excellent condition and $2,785 in good. I asking for peoples opinions on the price and most importantly if this old of a jeep is a good car. If you can tell me what problems, if any, these cars tend to have through the years.

Grantrussell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've learned in the past 8-9 months that KBB really doesn't hold much weight any more. I imagine their asking price is so high because it has really low miles for a '94.

Are there any similar GC's in your area that you can research so you can compare their prices to what he is asking? That is definitely where I would start. Then you also have to ask how much is it worth to you? If you went to check it out and nothing needed to be fixed, it was clean, and you really liked it would it be worth say $3500 to you? You can always make an offer, the worst thing that can happen is they say no and you keep looking. I know in my area there are tons of GC's up for sale.

Also, I would ask your last question in the ZJ/WJ forum: ZJ & WJ Technical Forum
Unread 11-04-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would say the price is a bit, high you may run into a some bad seals being the vehicle is that old with so low miles means it wasn't driven much. Also the GCs in those years were known for having a terrible automatic transmission reliability wise. They are well known for going out often.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
bshae342
1988 YJ Wrangler 

kbb is worthless...
bshae342 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.