Hello. New XJ owner here. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Hello. New XJ owner here.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 11-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
jaytex1969
1994 ZJ 

Hello. New ZJ owner here.

I didn't see an intro thread, so I thought I'd tell about my recent acquisition here.

I found a '94 Grand Cherokee Laredo on eBay last week and threw a lowball bid in for $1200, and I won!

2WD model 221k miles. One owner vehicle looking all stock and fairly well maintained.

4.0 motor, automatic. Motor, trans, brakes, all lights & gauges working well.

Stereo not working, glove box latch broke, rear hatch plungers not holding up (my first mod--the 2x4 in the back! )

Getting new tires tomorrow. Saving $100 on 4 with Firestone's "Black Friday" sale. Going for the Destination LE's, since my offroad extent is the occasional soggy campsite.

This is my first vehicle with more than 2 wheels in many years and I've proven to be a marginal and impatient mechanic.

I'm open to any input on what to look for in inspecting my "new" ride and what mods you recommend. My focus is dependability and simplicity, not radical performance.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jay

Last edited by jaytex1969; 11-28-2013 at 11:23 AM..
jaytex1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Ralphrlong

Ummmm, an grand cherokee is a zj, not XJ.

But anyway, have fun with it!
Ralphrlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
jaytex1969
1994 ZJ 

Yup. I'm a Jeep noob... (fixed initial post)

I've been riding bikes for 15 years and still haven't figured out the alphabet soup that Harley uses for model nomenclature.

At least I'm getting all the Turkey Day recipes right!
jaytex1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.