Green Sheet Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Green Sheet Question

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
oneslip
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Green Sheet Question

Hello all- my girlfriend is in the market for a new car and we have a pretty tight budget but her unlce worked for Chrysler and can give us a green sheet discount. My girlfriends' brother bought a new Dodge Journey (I think) and said it was stickered at $32K and he got it for $23K, does this sound right??? Anyway, if we could get a $9K discount, we would buy a '14 Cherokee, the dealer has some listed for $25,490.
Before I go deal with a salesman thought I would check with you to see if this sounds right, don't want to be too dissappointed if the green sheet only knocks off $1K. Thanks for your help.

oneslip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Found this on the net,

There are two different employee-related discounts for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep. The first one is called EP (Employee Purchase). To qualify for that you must either be a Chrysler employee or a close relative. Look for the "EP" code on the invoice.

Here is a list of everyone who qualifies for the EP discount:

All Chrysler active full-time and part-time Employees/Retirees. Immediate family members including spouse, same-sex domestic partners,* parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, sons/daughters, sons/daughters-in-law, stepchildren, brothers/sisters, brothers/sisters-in-law, half brothers/sisters, grandchildren and grandparents.

The second employee-related discount is called the PP (Preferred Program), more commonly called the Friends. Anyone can use that program to purchase a Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep, whether they are related to the employee or not. The person just has to obtain a control number from an employee, who can give out up to 6 per year. Look for the "PP" code on the invoice.

As far as any rebates or other price incentives, they are subtracted from the discount price for even greater savings. Other that TTL (in some states) the only thing the dealer can add to the discount price listed on the invoice is up to $75 for a documentation fee. Dealer add-ons, such as tinted glass, stripes, etc., would also be an additional charge.

If the salesman starts talking about dealer prep, marketing fees and other such things run out the door to another dealer. Those are bogus fees.

(1)(0)Report It
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

And this,

Greensheet is the employee purchase program for Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep. The price is printed on the dealer invoice.
Supplier is the supplier purchase program for Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep. It is 1% below invoice.
Friends and Family is for the friends and family of Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep employees. It is 1% below invoice plus $25.
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
oneslip
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info 2jhanna! I'll be surprised if there is that much mark up from the factory to dealer if we are able to knock off $8-9K on a $26K vehicle. I'm going to go today and talk to a dealer.
oneslip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Before you go to the dealer, go to Edmunds.com and check the "fair market value" of the Jeep. Then check against your green sheet pricing. Good luck.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
tlafave

Just wondering what you ended up finding on this? I am in the same boat... and looking to see what we will end up at...

Thanks!
tlafave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.