is this a good deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > is this a good deal?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 12-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
99crownvicP71

is this a good deal?

one of my managers at work is selling his '94 cherokee country edition.

its got 199,000 mi.
4x4
v6
recently tuned
no body rust at all
no body dents
body is perfect
it was originally $1800, then $1500, now $1000. i might be able to talk him down to $800. but the big selling point for me is that i probably will be able to make payments to him weekly because i see him almost every day. it would be an easy purchase and payment process.

i need it for a winter truck, but i eventually want to lift it and all that good stuff.

is this a good deal?

99crownvicP71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

if its a 94 it has a straight six. look over the vehicle and if you like its condition then yes it is a very good deal. if the motor is well maintained you still have a lot of life left in it. for 800 i would go for it.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
xxxjxxxj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Do It.....
01 XJ sport 4.5 RC, Terra Flex 1.5 shackles, Terra Flex 1.5 coil spacers, JKS Quick disconnects, Rear swaybar delete, SYE, Axel Exchange CV driveshaft, SkyJacker M3000 steering stabilzer, Brakeline extensions, Drop Pitman, RE Adujustable Trackbar, ARB Bull bar, Warn M8000, KC Daylighters, Poweraid TBS, 06 LJ Ravine15x8 wheels, 33x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's, Bushwacker flares, Spidertrax 1.25 spacers, 2-12'' KICKER Solobaric L7's, Memphis STD1000, Optima Red top, HiLift, K&N Airfilter, Whelen 90 watt strobes

______[U]oooo[/U][U]o[/U]
/__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
xxxjxxxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 05:05 AM   #4
collkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like a steal to me!

Just find out how well he took care of it, that will matter a LOT with that many miles.

But don't let the Miles scare you, Listen to KYLE, he knows all!
Colorado Member #89
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
Stang5lgt
2002 TJ Wrangler 

94 is good year and for 800 bucks a great deal. I bought a 94 with bad clutch for 900 bucks.
Unread 12-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
99crownvicP71

well, it looks like im getting this, and the rolled over '92 with the $1200 lift kit on it. so ill swap the 4'' lift kit and the 32'' tires onto the 94, part out the rest of the 92, and im good to go.
99crownvicP71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99crownvicP71
well, it looks like im getting this, and the rolled over '92 with the $1200 lift kit on it. so ill swap the 4'' lift kit and the 32'' tires onto the 94, part out the rest of the 92, and im good to go.
sounds like a good deal, you probably can get a lot of the money back with the part out.

get some pics up when you are done.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.